hustler power

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: hustler power

6wheelie ,

The 20 hp Honda makes a really nice motor for a Hustler. I think installing 13 tooth sprockets on the T-20 out put shafts,,plus the addition of a red spring on the T-20 clutch , would help things too.

I do have a roll bar on mine the other is extra. what are you infering on the roll bar or the motor. make me an offer on either. I dont want to get in trouble for soliciting so if we need to go privite thats fine. my e- mail is
    winton84@gmail.com . Im kinda new to this computre thing but i might be able to send a pic. thanks for your healp so far.

It sounds like the clutch setup is not quite right. Check your engagement rpm if you can. Too low an engagement may cause it to stall. Do you need a running start to approach the hill and the engine stalls your CVT may not be back shifting. if you start the Hustler at the base of the hill does is stall also?

it usually stalls 1/2 way on a long steep hill. I can use momentum to get up the smaller ones. The cvt dose not slip.

I agree with jerseybigfoot that the cvt may not be right yet.

The only other thing I can think of is the motor. I have done 3- 4 stroke swaps that require more throttle travel. The throttle lever travels"let say an inch" and it needs "an inch and a half". not real numbers just saying. When not running the throttle will appear to work normal. But when running the governor pulls the throttle back. 2 of the swaps I just eliminated the governer which was a night and day difference in all around throttle control and engine performance. The other swap is the tecumseh 8hp in my st300 little lil truck conversion. But that is mainly my sons who I want to keep slow so worked out good. But I think he is getting good enough for me to open it up some. Caution needs to be used when over riding the governor prevent over revving engine damage. I have also help few other members with the same problem. Really its no differant then a car, you cant sit there and hold it wide open. You also cant go 40mph in a machine geared to do 30.

I would see if you could eliminate the governor for testing or maybe have someone carefully manually throttle it on the carb while you drive. Someone with knowledge of over revving and sticking there hand where they dont belong, lol. Just be carefull! Have fun!

+ Reply to Thread