New Argo Model

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: New Argo Model

Well, my buddy called a friend that's pretty high up in ARGO, to enquire about this.................Lets just say that they would acknowledge that a new machine is coming, but they were pretty tight lipped about it, and none too happy that a dealer was discouraging a potential buyer from purchasing a current machine.

I'm even more interested now, than ever. The suspence is going to kill me.

RD

Can Ontario Drive & Gear figure out how to design decent skid steer trans? I'm not holding my breath.

If they do, it's about time.

I have a few friends at ODG as well and heard about the model, sounds like its going to be awesome, however, he said they are going to be priced significantlly higher as well................so is a Mud Ox really going to be priced higher than the new model? we shall see

'99 Conquest 104hp turbocharged intercooled EFI Chevy Sprint conversion
    "Argo 8x8's only" type of guy
    "old school Argo expert"

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Can Ontario Drive & Gear figure out how to design decent skid steer trans? I'm not holding my breath.

If they do, it's about time.

If they do this right, it should not need any Trans at all. Just an engine driving a Hyd Pump, which in turn drives a couple Hyd Motors. Some controls, hyd fluid tank, oil cooler, ect.

Mind you, I've never had much for issues with the existing Argo Transmisions. With a little practice, almost anyone could run one, or even fix one if they had to.

Quote Originally Posted by eightwheeler View Post
    I have a few friends at ODG as well and heard about the model, sounds like its going to be awesome, however, he said they are going to be priced significantlly higher as well................so is a Mud Ox really going to be priced higher than the new model? we shall see

If that's true, they are going to price themselves right out of the market. There prices are already getting rediculous. That's part of the reason for the price increases we are seeing on used Conquests. I could sell my conquest right now for more than I paid for it 3yrs and 500hrs ago.. Oh well, maybe I should go back to trying to get a test ride in a Mudd-Ox lol

RD

I think the way the economy is now ,and money being tighter than it has in some time there should be a new entry level model.I know ODG has a frontier 480,but I am thinking something in the 4-5000.00 range so more people could afford a newer model.6995.00 is alot of money for most people,I wouldnt call that entry level.Just my .02 cents worth. Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by eddieb1965 View Post
    I think the way the economy is now ,and money being tighter than it has in some time there should be a new entry level model.I know ODG has a frontier 480,but I am thinking something in the 4-5000.00 range so more people could afford a newer model.6995.00 is alot of money for most people,I wouldnt call that entry level.Just my .02 cents worth. Eddie
    I agree Eddie BUT the boys also said they sell 750 EFI's all day long as compared to just a handfull of the rest of the models, funny thing is they are going on "workshare" and are still going to increase the price on the new model, not a good strategy

'99 Conquest 104hp turbocharged intercooled EFI Chevy Sprint conversion
    "Argo 8x8's only" type of guy
    "old school Argo expert"

There Centar models sell for a lot of money. If companies buy those maybe people will fork out money for a higher priced argo I dont agree with it but people love to spend money

If the Avenger 750 and Centaur is what they are focusing on then that looks to me like they dont give a crap about the recreational riders.I have owned a n Avenger,but found this to be to much machine for what I need.I have went to a Bigfoot model,but it was 8500.00.I think ODG could focus on the little guy (Affordable entry level performance machine)and still have the utility sales as well.If you want to get the AATV message out there then you need to get affordable machines to Joe public.

Quote Originally Posted by eddieb1965 View Post
    If the Avenger 750 and Centaur is what they are focusing on then that looks to me like they dont give a crap about the recreational riders.I have owned a n Avenger,but found this to be to much machine for what I need.I have went to a Bigfoot model,but it was 8500.00.I think ODG could focus on the little guy (Affordable entry level performance machine)and still have the utility sales as well.If you want to get the AATV message out there then you need to get affordable machines to Joe public.
    I could not agree more with you. As simple as these machines are I cant believe they cost as much as they do. Its probably due to lack of supply and demand which is probably due to the high cost. Look at the lack of options for a guy like me. I would like to buy an new 8x8 but the price is way to high. I'm left with buying a used argo 8x8 (you have a lot to worry about buying used equipment) or a new argo 6x6 for about the same price. Do I buy a used machine (dont want used) or a new machine I didnt really want (want new but not a 6x6)? Well the answer is I buy a UTV (Rhino or ranger) or a top of the line ATV for the same price.

I agree its dumb. If you want to get people to buy your high-end stuff you need a product to let them get a taste of it. A entry level AATV has its place IMO.

+ Reply to Thread