New Argo Model

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: New Argo Model

After being an Argo dealer for almost 5 years ,I can say more sales are lost by not being able to offer a model to compete with 4- wheeler prices. I had 1 guy go and buy 2 4 wheelers after he demoed an Argo.(he loved the machine)Even after explaining how an Argo will carry more passengers ,carry you across water,and haveing more options available,speed is the only drawback I couldnt explain over a 4- wheeler,people still balked at the price.Then a few mths. later you see or talk to them and find out they bought a new something ATV.ODG always had a 500.00 price increase every year for the same machines.This forced me out of the AATV buisness ,ODG will eventually price themselves out of buisness.I would think ODG would want to enhance the AATV industry not limit the market anymore than it is.

( QUOTE ) " ODG always had a 500.00 price increase every year for the same machines.This forced me out of the AATV buisness ,ODG will eventually price themselves out of buisness.I would think ODG would want to enhance the AATV industry not limit the market anymore than it is."

eddie1965 ,

VERY good point!
    Last edited by mudbug3; 10-03-2010 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eddieb1965 View Post
    After being an Argo dealer for almost 5 years ,I can say more sales are lost by not being able to offer a model to compete with 4- wheeler prices. I had 1 guy go and buy 2 4 wheelers after he demoed an Argo.(he loved the machine)Even after explaining how an Argo will carry more passengers ,carry you across water,and haveing more options available,speed is the only drawback I couldnt explain over a 4- wheeler,people still balked at the price.Then a few mths. later you see or talk to them and find out they bought a new something ATV.ODG always had a 500.00 price increase every year for the same machines.This forced me out of the AATV buisness ,ODG will eventually price themselves out of buisness.I would think ODG would want to enhance the AATV industry not limit the market anymore than it is.
    You defiantly get more machine for your money with an atv. Plus you could afford to buy a new ATV every few years but not an AATV. Even though I have loved the idea of AATVs since I first saw them when I was very young (10ish) I have yet to buy one due to the price. I have had a few ATVs and I'm still far from the price of a new 8x8. Hopefully one day when I have a few more $$$ I can get a new AATV

I call the company this and ask a ? they said call next week and we call talk about the new model
    it coming

like my wife say's you get what you pay for. I am will to pay for a argo. the Mudd Ox is a hydruliac leak waiting to happen. In Fl the heat from the pump would cook us..

looking forward to the new model

Eddieb,You hit the nail on the head,I'm fairly new to the 6 wheelers,I have an argo but it is used and i did'nt pay alot for it,That is the reason i have one.There is no way in hell i would pay that rediculous price for a new one.There is no way it cost that much to build them,You take the cheapest argo or maxll and compare the price to a 4 wheeler of the same price and the technology of that 4 wheeler is twice as much.I also ride polaris 4 wheelers and they are way more technical than my argo.For the price of a 6wheeler they should run 40 mph and have a springer kit.If someone would build this they would sell twice as many machines.I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by coosaridgerider View Post
    Eddieb,You hit the nail on the head,I'm fairly new to the 6 wheelers,I have an argo but it is used and i did'nt pay alot for it,That is the reason i have one.There is no way in hell i would pay that rediculous price for a new one.There is no way it cost that much to build them,You take the cheapest argo or maxll and compare the price to a 4 wheeler of the same price and the technology of that 4 wheeler is twice as much.I also ride polaris 4 wheelers and they are way more technical than my argo.For the price of a 6wheeler they should run 40 mph and have a springer kit.If someone would build this they would sell twice as many machines.I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way.
    amen

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    Maybe we should contact Polaris, Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha you know... the quad builders and see if they would try to build an amphib. I for one agree THERE IS NO WAY THAT THESE MACHINES SHOULD COST WHAT THEY DO! I mean - have any of you guys tested one of the Razors --OH-MY-GOD-SCARY, and they can be bought new for about $10,000 it's sickening.

Quote Originally Posted by brushcutter View Post
    Maybe we should contact Polaris, Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha you know... the quad builders and see if they would try to build an amphib. I for one agree THERE IS NO WAY THAT THESE MACHINES SHOULD COST WHAT THEY DO! I mean - have any of you guys tested one of the Razors --OH-MY-GOD-SCARY, and they can be bought new for about $10,000 it's sickening.
    I'm sure if they felt it was worth anything they would have done it...then again maybe they dont know how much interest there is in the sport. Have you seen the new "Quadski" Gibbs Technologies look how much they are trying to sell that thing for. But hey, maybe its worth mentioning to Polaris, Yamaha, Honda, etc.

My two cents..

Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Can Ontario Drive & Gear figure out how to design decent skid steer trans? I'm not holding my breath.

If they do, it's about time.
    They've been at it for awhile..

Personally.. A hydraulic driven machine could prove a bit of a challenge if it decides to die in the middle of no where.. The EFI systems are proven technology and so is the braking system.. Afterall the addition of a fan to cool the slotted rotors was a huge improvement..

Each to their own, but I think I'd keep tried and true...Avenger..

Just my thoughts...

new argo

they are unleashing the info on the new models on thursday at 1100 am...

+ Reply to Thread