New Argo Model

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: New Argo Model

The 2010 models are going to be hydrulica operated, don't know how much tho.
    I called the dealer near me and, told me that a new one will there on the 28th
    making a trip to check it out..

I would imagine " operated by hydrolics ",, probably means " actuated " by hydrolic lines to engage the counter rotating function. Just like the hydrolic brakes are hydrolic in function on the higher priced Argo machines.

Here is the Scoop

The New Argo HDi 8x8 Has The Following Features:

1. Apache Transmission: 2 Speed (Low/High), When Handlebar is moved to lock position (In Low Only) the tires will automatically counter-rotate. Steering effort is like power steering on your Automobile, effortless. Shifting from Low to High has a type of synchromesh, that will engage automatically when the rpm is correct. The 2 output shafts are positioned very low and extend out to the sides of the frame, where support bearings are located, from there, it's double 50 to the front shaft. This transmission is mounted in the frame very low and independent from the motor (31 hp efi).

It also has 2 hydraulic caliper/rotors located on the output shaft close to the transmission. This transmission 35% more efficient than a comparable Hydrostatic type. No more power loss when turning! This is a patented design. I am speculating that it must have some sort of Dual Planetary Gear set, that does the counter-rotating, how it is automatically initiated is a mystery to me.

2. It has hydraulically operated hand lever operated brakes (no adjustments required)

2. It has a new hood design that has a forward facing scoop, and small side screens. Under the scoop is 2 large screened ventilation areas. It also still maintains the standard side screens. I wonder if the scoop will along water to enter the engine compartment doing steep water entries?

3. The axles have been increased to 1 3/8", with a new triple sealed bearing mounted in a "special" 4 hole pattern to match existing Avengers to allow for future retro-fits. The bearing mount looks like cast iron. The bearing flange has one grease fitting that can be greased via a matching hole in the rim.

4. New water proof sealed switches, with room for expansion in the new panel.

5. Digital Tach

The rest of the 8x8 looks like stock Avenger EFI. The automatic counter-rotating feature is pretty slick, doing a perfect tight doughnut. They are available in limited numbers up to November/09. Price is in the $19,500 range I've heard. Speed are pretty much the same as the Avenger.

new argo

well they are going to have better switches for lights and accessories a tachometer an easier way to grease the outer bearings without taking off the wheels the front hood now has a hood scoop installed to get rid of heat also a hydraulic hand brake located on the handlebars and the new tranny is called the admiral its designed so you dont loose power when turning also has triple sealed bearings..

Corrections

Made a few errors on my post, it is called Admiral, not Apache, LOL, playing too many video games.

Also a typo, "wonder if the scoop will allow water........

Sounds like it is a spin off of the Centaur Hydrostatic Trans.(Counter Rotating Drivetrain).Also sounds like it is going to be so highpriced you had better NEED this much machine,outfitters,utilities companys,etc.I dont think it will be something for the average Joe. Eddie

After Nov 09 will the units become more available.??
    in the US

Quote Originally Posted by Bw6 View Post
    The New Argo HDi 8x8 Has The Following Features:

1. Apache Transmission: 2 Speed (Low/High), When Handlebar is moved to lock position (In Low Only) the tires will automatically counter-rotate. Steering effort is like power steering on your Automobile, effortless. Shifting from Low to High has a type of synchromesh, that will engage automatically when the rpm is correct. The 2 output shafts are positioned very low and extend out to the sides of the frame, where support bearings are located, from there, it's double 50 to the front shaft. This transmission is mounted in the frame very low and independent from the motor (31 hp efi).

It also has 2 hydraulic caliper/rotors located on the output shaft close to the transmission. This transmission 35% more efficient than a comparable Hydrostatic type. No more power loss when turning! This is a patented design. I am speculating that it must have some sort of Dual Planetary Gear set, that does the counter-rotating, how it is automatically initiated is a mystery to me.

2. It has hydraulically operated hand lever operated brakes (no adjustments required)

2. It has a new hood design that has a forward facing scoop, and small side screens. Under the scoop is 2 large screened ventilation areas. It also still maintains the standard side screens. I wonder if the scoop will along water to enter the engine compartment doing steep water entries?

3. The axles have been increased to 1 3/8", with a new triple sealed bearing mounted in a "special" 4 hole pattern to match existing Avengers to allow for future retro-fits. The bearing mount looks like cast iron. The bearing flange has one grease fitting that can be greased via a matching hole in the rim.

4. New water proof sealed switches, with room for expansion in the new panel.

5. Digital Tach

The rest of the 8x8 looks like stock Avenger EFI. The automatic counter-rotating feature is pretty slick, doing a perfect tight doughnut. They are available in limited numbers up to November/09. Price is in the $19,500 range I've heard. Speed are pretty much the same as the Avenger.

Argo HDi

Tiger, it is my understanding that after Nov/09 they will become a standard production item, readily available.

Thumbs down

Cool
    I am going to see the new model next month at the dealer
    looking forward !!!

Here are a few Pics of the new machine

+ Reply to Thread