New Argo Model

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: New Argo Model

Quote Originally Posted by evil8x8 View Post
    I can maneuver my Argo 8x8 just about through anything, but if it could counter rotate, maneuvering through tight places would be easier. When Argo 8x8s turn, the back ends really swing around. I think counter rotating would lessen the back end swing. I would imagine it would help in the mud too. A lot of times, once your in the mud, you can't really steer to pick the best line, I think that if you could counter rotate a few degrees, you might be able to hit a better line and have a better chance of getting out. PLUS THE 360s ARE REALLY COOL!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    When you're in a rutted mudhole with the belly high centered, it can help to get the aatv turned at an angle across the center high spot. Otherwise it can be winch time. Wheels going opposite directions does better than one side braked.
    I agree with Evil and Roger on this, but for as often as these situations occur, I don't see this "counter rotating" being a HUGE advantage. If you drive an Argo, you know the back swings out on a turn, and you compensate acordingly. If you are in the mud and have enough traction to "Counter Rotate" a turn, then you have enough traction to back out and pick a new line........Same with the "rutted mudhole" situation.
    Now, "Wheels going opposite directions does better than one side braked" is VERY true, I have been in the situation where trying to turn with one side braking is almost impossible, as the braked side just slides forward as the other side drives you straight. But this is rare in the places I ride.

RD

Quote Originally Posted by lamonte Halleran View Post
    Did Odg Do Any Testing On These Rigs To See How The Tires Held Up In Sharp Rocks And Stumps.are The Tires On The Conquest 4 Ply.
    3 friends have these tires on their Avengers, and so far they have performed very well in all types of terrain. We ride lots over sharp rocks, as well as over razor sharp sticks and stumps. So far, so good

RD

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Doctor View Post
    3 friends have these tires on their Avengers, and so far they have performed very well in all types of terrain. We ride lots over sharp rocks, as well as over razor sharp sticks and stumps. So far, so good

RD
    Same here RD. The 4-ply seems to really help with the sidewall damage and puncture resistance.

We test drove the HDI Yesterday what a hoot!!!
    My banker (wife)said in the next two years after all the stuff around the house is done we can get one..\ \
    We drove it around the lot at the local dealer here in Fl, Orr Tractor in Bunnell Fl great guy for letting us play with it.
    My wife was little scared to drive it but she was smiling thuo..

Lets see I put a T-20 in a Scrambler and now an Argo trans in a Scrambler. I think its time to put a t-20 in my new (old argo 8x8) now if I split shift the t-20 and stuff a 40hp Kohler in it .........................

Quote Originally Posted by jerseybigfoot View Post
    Lets see I put a T-20 in a Scrambler and now an Argo trans in a Scrambler. I think its time to put a t-20 in my new (old argo 8x8) now if I split shift the t-20 and stuff a 40hp Kohler in it .........................
    That would be awesome!!! Argo's area awesome machine. They are beefy for sure. I love the passenger room in them. The only thing I dont like is the differential drive. A t-20 would make that machine dominate I think. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by LarryW; 02-14-2010 at 08:39 PM.

Go for it.

Jersey, you know if the factory didn't do it........it's not work doing!!!!!! Think i heard that once before.

I think it is a excellent idea. Had i not bought the Attex i was going to build a racer from a Big Foot machine with the T-20. Motor in back like the Attex. The possibilities with these machines are endless.

That will be next years project. New Argo Frontier tires, lower the engine and move it back. move the seat back for some additional leg room. anything else?????

Quote Originally Posted by jerseybigfoot View Post
    That will be next years project. New Argo Frontier tires, lower the engine and move it back. move the seat back for some additional leg room. anything else?????
    Possible springer upgrade? I figure your talking racer!!

+ Reply to Thread