Good and Bad news

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Good and Bad news

I do have pics Tim, but can not access them from my work computer. I will try to post them next week, when I get home from work.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Doctor View Post
    OK, I would give it a try, but does anyone know anything about how the 2 halves of the boat are put togeather? I would think that the Mast Pocket must be attached to the bottom of the boat somehow?
    The mast itself, is fine, it's the pocket in the boat that ripped loose. Right now I can look into the torn fiberglass and see the pocket tipped off to one side, and that the whole boat cavity is full of expanding foam.
    Where do you start? Cut out the top, and have a look. I suppose, but then how do you make a strong repaire? There must be a tremendouse amount of strain on that part of the boat.
    hi rock the mast is glassed in to the bottom of the boat .. the hull deck and hull should be a shobox fit as the top fits over the bottom jest as a shoebox does . it should be screwed togather under the rubb rail i doupt it's glassed togeather . you should beable to unscrew the rubbrail and pop the top off then go about getting the flotation out jest enought to work around the broke mast pocket get you a peice of cardbord slick on oneside to weet out your glass on. pre cut your glass dry and test fit it to the place to be repaired . the wett out you glass and lay it up rember when you add mek or hardner you onily have a certin time to work it be for it start to harden. so getting ready be for you add the hardner with the resin . robbie
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

Tks Robbie,
    There is no Rubb Rail around the boat, it looks like the top is glassed to the bottom. This is part of my dilema, I see no way to split the top from the bottom

I will probably be in touch with you later about it, but as you know the boat is out in the bush, and I'm at work right now. Best case scenario, is that I might get out to it after hunting season this fall. In which case, I will probably have snow on the ground, and will be able to drag it out to the road. Once I have it home, I will look at tearing it apart. If I make a big enough mess out of it, the "Pettycoat Gov't" (wife) will probably just suggest that we get a new one lol.

Tks for the phone #

Later
    RD

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Doctor View Post
    Tks Robbie,
    There is no Rubb Rail around the boat, it looks like the top is glassed to the bottom. This is part of my dilema, I see no way to split the top from the bottom

I will probably be in touch with you later about it, but as you know the boat is out in the bush, and I'm at work right now. Best case scenario, is that I might get out to it after hunting season this fall. In which case, I will probably have snow on the ground, and will be able to drag it out to the road. Once I have it home, I will look at tearing it apart. If I make a big enough mess out of it, the "Pettycoat Gov't" (wife) will probably just suggest that we get a new one lol.

Tks for the phone #

Later
    RD
    coolllllllllllllllllll np rock send me some pic and we will go from there . robbie
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

+ Reply to Thread