Who owns the Attex Molds

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Who owns the Attex Molds

Who owns the Attex Molds

Does anyone on here know who owns the Attex vacuum-forming molds to make new plastic bodies? I was told they were sold to an Attex collector. If anyone knows or has any information that may be of use, please post it here or PM me. I'm considering getting some Attex HPDE bodies made, and the cost would be lower for me and anyone else interested too.
    Thanks, Andrew

There was a site that had a lot of info on the history and sales of Attex but I cant find it now.
    Cave Trolls Rule!

That site is down, and the owner claimed to have owned the molds, but I was told that he doesn't really own them...There is a lot of confusion as to who really has them...

Last edited by whipper-ag; 05-16-2017 at 01:39 PM.

This idea has more lives than a litter of kittens.
    Banned

Lol that's true George. I'm not helping it at all...

Whipper, he told me he sold them to a collector. I wonder if anyone here on 6x6 world is the owner or knows who he is...

I know from talking to Don and Gus that they tried to hunt them down a few years ago. No luck.

There were rumors that Dave C. of AttexATVs had them but I always doubted that rumor.
    Banned

I know Richard did have them...but he said he sold them. Hopefully he can return my email and disclose the name of the collector he sold them to...I'm really feeling the person who bought these molds is not wanting anyone to know for some unknown reason. But I am also in the process of looking for a late-model body that I can change a few little things on an make my own reverse mold...so if the "mold collector" (haha) is reading this, know that there is more than one way of reproducing the Attex bodies!!

Smile Attex mold

I'm thinking there should be atleast 6 molds for tops and bottoms......

reverse molds good idea

finding the nicest attex to do the reverse mold and making changes /finding the best lower tub to use and wich attex model. I think they are not exactly the same at least i think so from other post i have seen. I just have 2 1972 st /400. I have made alot of simple reverse molds but have never set any up for vacum forming process. I think a little more complicated. Good luck and i hope you can do it. keep them alive and running ps / put a hood scoop in the engine cover

+ Reply to Thread