Honda install

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Honda install

Honda install

Hello folks...

I have a deal on a Honda 24 Hp V twin and I’m thinking of replacing my 16 Hp Briggs in my MaxII

Is it a big deal to do.??
    Will I have to install a Fuel Pump.??
    I will have to re-work the exhaust..
    Will it mount or will I have to do some work on the engine mounts..?
    I’ve heard something about the drive shaft being Metric vs. Imperial and a special stepped key being required...??
    Is the engine the right application for an AATV..??

I'm pretty handy... but do you think this is a huge job... Any comments if it’s worth the effort even if the Honda is a good deal...

Thanks and any advice will be appreciated...

Max.
    Maxheadroom..!!

Quote Originally Posted by maxheadroom View Post
    Hello folks...

I have a deal on a Honda 24 Hp V twin and I’m thinking of replacing my 16 Hp Briggs in my MaxII

Is it a big deal to do.??
    Will I have to install a Fuel Pump.??
    I will have to re-work the exhaust..
    Will it mount or will I have to do some work on the engine mounts..?
    I’ve heard something about the drive shaft being Metric vs. Imperial and a special stepped key being required...??
    Is the engine the right application for an AATV..??

I'm pretty handy... but do you think this is a huge job... Any comments if it’s worth the effort even if the Honda is a good deal...

Thanks and any advice will be appreciated...

Max.
    look at the shaft whay size is it ? also pk maxruels he has done that converson before . robbie
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

I put a 24 honda in a maxll,It bolts in with no problem,I put dual exhaust but you could cut your manifold and ad a piece of pipe to make it a little longer.I believe the honda exhaust ports are an inch wider than the vangaurd.The clutch will work,The honda shaft is shorter but not a problem,You will have to use a longer clutch bolt.You can use the long key way of the vangaurd.I ran the throttle thru a hole in the top of the red fan shroud.Hope this helps.

thanks.. Making me feel better..

How the performance ... Is there a huge diff..??

Cheers

Max
    Maxheadroom..!!

The honda made a big difference compared to the 14 vangaurd.What motor do you have in it know.

A 16 Vangaurd

I iive in Ontario, Canada and would like to put snow tracks on.

I upgraded the the axles to solid myself and then pressed then all straight.

Replaced all the chains and installed the new style tensioners.. Also had a custom roll bar made by a friend who does custom cars..

Just on the fence about the motor, The old one works fine...but i think i will need more power for Tracks.

Max.
    Maxheadroom..!!

Quote Originally Posted by maxheadroom View Post
    A 16 Vangaurd

I iive in Ontario, Canada and would like to put snow tracks on.

I upgraded the the axles to solid myself and then pressed then all straight.

Replaced all the chains and installed the new style tensioners.. Also had a custom roll bar made by a friend who does custom cars..

Just on the fence about the motor, The old one works fine...but i think i will need more power for Tracks.

Max.
    If you get a good running honda i think you will be very satisfied with it,You will have to slide the motor to the left a little to line up the clutch.The only difference in the honda and vangaurd is the exhaust and throttle cable.The hondas do have an oil cut off switch.

Honda wirring help

Hi all...

Well I got my new Honda GX24 but it was without an Ignition switch box so I have to figure out the wirring.

Looks like there are two green wires coming from the motor, I assume I’m going have to get a rectifier as I don’t see one and it was maybe in the switchbox. Anyone have any knowledge of Honda wiring. I also have been web surfing and think I’m going to have to disconnect the fuel solenoid.

Next after this is the exhaust issues, looks like I will need some custom pipe work...

Any and all advice welcome, I'm losing sleep over thing.

Max..
    Last edited by maxheadroom; 08-21-2009 at 10:10 AM.
    Maxheadroom..!!

Clutch will not fit

Oh Boy...

Shaft on Honda is 1 1/4.. my Clutch from my Briggs wont fit..

Is ther 1 1/4 CLUTCH out there.. Does anyone know what i can use..

Cheers

Max
    Maxheadroom..!!

You could call comet clutch 1-800-999-8161.I called about a 25 kohler with an inch and 7/16 shaft and could not get one for it but i don't know about 1 1/4.My only option is to have the crank turned to 1 inch.

+ Reply to Thread