any idea what years this could be?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: any idea what years this could be?

any idea what years this could be?

i dint have the serial number yet, I'm looking to buy this and not sure what years it could be. any help thanks

max II

I don't know much about max, but I saw this machine on craigslist. Looks like it would be a good deal.
    old school hustler
    02 superhawk

1989 - 2000 is as close as I can get without seeing the inside, and that's assuming that the engine cover wasn't added later to make a briggs engine fit. The tires on the corners would have to be changed if you want to swim well.
    Last edited by Hey_Dan; 08-18-2009 at 10:36 PM.
    "How deep of water does it float in?"

I have a 95 and 96 and they have the same engine cover,I had a 88 and it had a different engine cover.The 95 and 96 have the serial#14000 something,If the numbers are higher then it is newer.I know everyone made after 14000 have inch and a quarter axels and larger axel bearings,A good upgrade.Hope this helps.

What engine? That will help a lot.

it has a 14hp VanGuard. here is a pic of the tag but its blurry so i cant tell the number. the guy still has the roll bar and has 6 matching tires not sure what they are but they match lol

Thanks for the replies. i have searched some but what are some of the major things to look for. i hope to get this i have wanted one for a VERY long time

I would pull the floor pan out and look at the chains and sprockets,If the chain adjuster are half way down on the front or half way up on the back,Then it will need chains.Jack it up and see if any of the tires move up and down or back and forth,If there is any slack then it might need a bearing on that wheel.I would run a compression check on the motor.Look at the dipstick to see how the oil looks,If the oil looks clean,That is a good sign it has been well maintenanced.Look in the gas tank to see how clean it is.This is just some of the things i would look for.Hope this helps.

yea he said its been sitting for almost 2 years, he started it the other day and it would die unless the choke was on so I'm thinking the carb is gummed up but it seems to be at a good price he is asking $800obo for it does that seem about right. i never see them for sale so not sure what they go for

Yeah, that's a pretty good price as long as there aren't any major deficiencies. Does it steer fine? I would go in and offer him $600 and see what he says.

ive never even drove one so not sure what hard stering would be, but if i can get it for a good deal than i will just pic it up and fix what ever is wrong with it if there is anything wrong. then im headed straight to the pond in the back yard being im buying it used what should i do before i hit the water to make shure its water tight?

+ Reply to Thread