Argo Avenger exhaust

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Argo Avenger exhaust

Argo Avenger exhaust

Hello everyone

Just joined up and already found alot of information on your site. I have a problem with the exhaust blowing back on the passengers. I was thinking about putting an elbow and turning up the exhaust pipe couple of feet with an exhaust flapper like what's on a dozer. What do you guys think?

The only problem with that is the possibility of damage. Having the exhaust sitting so high, it will be vulerable to getting hit by tree limbs & debris! I'm looking into running it to the rear!
    Jeff
    02 Argo Bigfoot

I never get lost : I take expeditions!
    I'm guided by the Magic 8 Ball.

The simplest fix for the exhaust problem is to just add a short elbow pointing down. Adding a pipe extending up would only work if you had a roll cage to protect it. Exhaust is usually a minimal problem on the new Argos, but it is one of only two problems I see with their design.
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

+ Reply to Thread