Mid-Engine Max IV

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Mid-Engine Max IV

I dig it!

It's a lot cleaner version of something that looks very familiar...

At least Jennifer won't burn her arm on an exhaust.

Unhappy

Mike, I noticed in one of your pictures you have some machine tools in the background. I see a couple of milling machines, a surface grinder. Is this your shop?

I have a small shop packed with machine tools like those but unfortunetly very little room to work on my machines

Nice shop.....I'm jealous

Thanks for the comments and the ideas. That's not my shop, it's my dads. He's nice enough to let me keep my junk there while I work on it. I do hope to have this completed in the next month and plan to bring it to Busco. Hopefully I won't be completing it the night before we leave like I did my Max II last year.

Oh, and Techfx, you barely beat me to that mid engine design

Nice work, Mike!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Thanks for the comments and the ideas. That's not my shop, it's my dads. He's nice enough to let me keep my junk there while I work on it. I do hope to have this completed in the next month and plan to bring it to Busco. Hopefully I won't be completing it the night before we leave like I did my Max II last year.

Oh, and Techfx, you barely beat me to that mid engine design

I had nothing to do with the racer/mid engine design - The RIM racer was built by my uncle 25 to 30 years ago. We just reconditioned it and swapped the cuyuna for a polaris.

Last edited by techfx; 08-20-2009 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by techfx View Post
    I had nothing to do with the racer/mid engine design - The RIM racer was built by my uncle 25 to 30 years ago. We just reconditioned it and swapped the cuyuna for a polaris.
    Sorry techfx, it was a bad attempt at being funny since I built something that your family had built about the time (or before) I was born. I need a sarcastic smiley.

Nice work, Mike! Looks GREAT!!!!

Thumbs down

Nice Mike! Where have i been? First time i saw this. Looks great. Can't wait to see it perform. I know Jennifer will enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Sorry techfx, it was a bad attempt at being funny since I built something that your family had built about the time (or before) I was born. I need a sarcastic smiley.

Sorry Mike, my sar-dar was off this morning There may have been others doing this before both of us were born but, each one is unique and I like that this (and Whipper"s anyone else) are carying on the tradition with a modern twist. Can't wait to see these on the track/trail.

Smile mid engine

Country Bumpkin had one too

+ Reply to Thread