Sheep hunting

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sheep hunting

Sheep hunting

Will be taking the family on a second hunting trip this weekend. We will be trying a family Dall Sheep hunt. We'll see how that goes. Wish me luck!

good luck, good hunting

take some pics and post when you return.

Cool,
    Love hunting "Stones", would be great if we had Dalls closer to us here. My hunting partners and I have tipped over 3 Moose so far this yr, going to head out for Elk on my next set of "Days Off"

Make sure you get some pics

RD

Cool Hunting

Dalls are on my list too. I hope Alaska in the next two years

Still want a KID

Ancient Argo Issues

Well, back from another hunt, but did not get anything this time. Had a great trip up to the peaks, looking for Dall sheep. Kids had a great time. Issues on the trip:
    Rocky trail = 3 shear pins
    Deep four wheeler ruts in peat = tires busted off sidewalls
    I spend a lot of time airing up tires with a bike pump. I am getting ready to slime them, tube them, whatever. I just want to be done messing with tires right when the riding is getting good.
    As far as the rocky trail, all I can think of is to slow down, but I have a hell of a time on those granite peaks getting the turns in
    The good news is I did about 60 miles with my three kids, the wife, and my friend's six month old, and had a great time! Saw rabbits, grouse, bear scat, some caribou, and a moose, but no sheep.

Cool Kool!

Did you get any good Pictures? I got into the AATV's strickly for Hunting purpose myself. It is my First Love! Plan on going after Dall one day soon.

What model are you using. I have new beadlock rims for my Avenger and it will solve a lot of the bead problems. Also I pack a quick Air bead sealer that cole designed for emergency.

Anyway, Nice to see folks using them for the purpose!!!!

Still want a KID

YA, I got some pics

I'll try to get them up next time I am on, working furious right now. It's an old 81 8x8. I love it. Will be going moose hunting on Friday, but took family on Caribou and Sheep hunts. Caribou yes, sheep no. I am gonna slime my tires tomorrow and get my 4hp johnson outboard mounted! O, kids, you can have a few of mine!

+ Reply to Thread