jlo 297 questions

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: jlo 297 questions

Smile wiring.....

Quote Originally Posted by ArgoH2 View Post
    I tried that earlier today still nothing lol this thing is killing me. The wiring doesn't look right either I have to figure that out he had wires cut laying all over.
    disconnect all wiring, then try it, it will still start. UNLESS the 2 smaller wires are backwards

ok so pos from battery to coil put the carb back on and new plug. wi;ll it still start if its spitting fuel out the front of the carb?

Exclamation jlo

ok so pos from battery to coil put the carb back on and new plug. wi;ll it still start if its spitting fuel out the front of the carb?
    No power to coil...... if it is the origional coil. you'll fry somethng, then no spark you'ld burn out the points
    spitting fuel out is too much fuel
    Last edited by Amphiman1; 09-12-2009 at 10:08 PM.

brand new coil as of today ill try getting a new plug putting the carb back on hooking up the coil then trying.

Smile jlo

brand new coil as of today ill try getting a new plug putting the carb back on hooking up the coil then trying.
    no fuel connectedl. just put a tiny"spray" of fuel in carb

ok hey thanks for all the help I am all new to this stuff. How should I hook up the coil? and does the 3 wires coming out of the back of the motor do anything?

I dont know that engine at all, but in any generic coil, the power wire goes to coil, the negitive side of coil goes to points. The points act as the switch to tell the coil when to spark the plug. If I get a chance to marrow I will look at my parts st300d machine and see if I can help at all. Thats the only machine I have ever bought that had an oem motor. And 1 of 2, I have ever bought that actually had a motor. But I havent really did anything to it but steel the trans. Its at my brothers house in his barn and I havent looked at it that closely.

what points???? on the selenoid? could i bypass that and just ground it out?

what points???? on the selenoid? could i bypass that and just ground it out?
    Do you have a blue wire coming out of the flywheel?

no 3 black when I got it one of the black wires was hooked up to the coil

+ Reply to Thread