jlo 297 questions

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: jlo 297 questions

from what I can find, there should be 2 yellow, 1 blue and maybe 1 black.

man this guy hacked this poor machine right where the 3 wires come out of the back under the exhaust there is something that looks like its missing appears to have 2 bolts to mount whatever should be there.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgoH2 View Post
    man this guy hacked this poor machine right where the 3 wires come out of the back under the exhaust there is something that looks like its missing appears to have 2 bolts to mount whatever should be there.
    That sucks. Do you have the electric starter?

You should be able to check continuity and find the one that gains and looses as the motor turns to find the right wire that goes to the points. Or maybe have to pull the flywheel off. But when you find that it should run to the neg side of coil.

none of the electric starter stuff is hooked up but i am guessing its the one wire that was hooked up before just not sure what the other 2 wires are for

one should be lighting coil, it produces the power to the lights. Other is charging coil that keeps the battery up to snuff to crank when there is no spark, lol. Both are different then the ignition coil.
    The 3 wire is points.

If there is another it could be for the grounding of the coils to shut engine off.

ok so i got a new plug pos from battery directly to coil neg side to one of the 3 wires sounded like it wanted to fire with the starting fluid I hooked gas back up and nothing again I pull till my arms fall off and nothing I am thinking the other 2 wires out the back are for something just not sure what. The coil gets really hot too????????????

ok so i got a new plug pos from battery directly to coil neg side to one of the 3 wires sounded like it wanted to fire with the starting fluid I hooked gas back up and nothing again I pull till my arms fall off and nothing I am thinking the other 2 wires out the back are for something just not sure what. The coil gets really hot too????????????
    What kind of coil do you have? stock? A coil does get hot. If you pull the rope with the spark plug siting on head does it spark?

coil is not stock its a gm one yes it sparks when i pull the rope

Smile jlo

coil is not stock its a gm one yes it sparks when i pull the rope
    no electric start?

electric start is all bypassed to make it easy I thought lol I am at a loss for words here sparks i spray starting fluid but nothing tried wide open throttle closed throttle half way nothin nothin and nothin

+ Reply to Thread