jlo 297 questions

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: jlo 297 questions

jlo 297 questions

I need to get a new coil what kind do i get?????

Hello argo
    Do you have the stock jlo? I would find out what engine you have and search ebay or online for parts.

ok the guy before me had a car coil hooked up and it fried

ok just checked its the jlo 297 I am guessing when he put the car coil on he screwed it up and thats my problem But noew I need to get a coil and figure out wiring

what kind of coil?

Will a car coil work on a jlo 297???

will a car coil work i am going to try to get this running right now

jlo 297 questions

Well I pulled the carb off to see why its spitting fuel out the front of it and took it all apart. Inside where the needle is there is a pin hole that doesn't look stock all little burrs on it and stuff so i think thats the problem new carb and plug and she should fire up. I look in and the piston moves fine no other signs of somethin going on. Should I check anything else??

Smile Jlo

Quote Originally Posted by ArgoH2 View Post
    Well I pulled the carb off to see why its spitting fuel out the front of it and took it all apart. Inside where the needle is there is a pin hole that doesn't look stock all little burrs on it and stuff so i think thats the problem new carb and plug and she should fire up. I look in and the piston moves fine no other signs of somethin going on. Should I check anything else??
    disconnect the fuel line. turn it over with a clean spark plug. then try it with a little gas /oil mix, not much,should fire right up

I tried that earlier today still nothing lol this thing is killing me. The wiring doesn't look right either I have to figure that out he had wires cut laying all over.

forgot to add I got a new coil for it but how should it be wired up from the battery??? and what all needs to be grounded think that could also be problems

+ Reply to Thread