jlo 297 questions

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: jlo 297 questions

well if it has spark, has fuel, then does it have compression or maybe spark timing?

has compression I took head off and can see piston coming up and down when I pull how do i get spark timing correct?
    also I had the carb off and looked inside while pulling rope the piston doesn't go down to where i can see the top of it through there. Does it need to go down lower or is it good like it is
    Last edited by ArgoH2; 09-13-2009 at 11:56 AM.

anyone have anything? This thing is killing me

Smile jlo woes

Quote Originally Posted by ArgoH2 View Post
    has compression I took head off and can see piston coming up and down when I pull how do i get spark timing correct?
    also I had the carb off and looked inside while pulling rope the piston doesn't go down to where i can see the top of it through there. Does it need to go down lower or is it good like it is
    Did you put a new head gasket on it? or use the old one?

new one I am gonna take it out and have it rebuilt what do you think that would cost???

I think you need to get correct coil for it. And check timing! As stock engine doesn't need battery voltage to run. And i wouldn't be using starter fluid on it!!!!! Will ruin the cylinder walls and rings. Use squirt bottle with gas oil mix! Remove s-plug put some fuel in reinstall plug and try. If it fires tries to run Then you might also have carburetor problem. If it hasn't been run the diagrams are dried out and probably varnished up!

Email us at farmtoys@sbcglobal.net and i will send you a few pages on timing and checking ignition system. As they were to large to upload here!

ok i just pulled it out it looks like its missing bolts and such all over very rigged. I am going to either buy new or get a local small engine shop rebuild it for me. Anyone know what a new jlo will cost me or anyone want to sell me a running one???

Quote Originally Posted by ArgoH2 View Post
    ok i just pulled it out it looks like its missing bolts and such all over very rigged. I am going to either buy new or get a local small engine shop rebuild it for me. Anyone know what a new jlo will cost me or anyone want to sell me a running one???
    I got a couple JLO 400 engines on Ebay for less than $100. Cost about $50-$75 to ship.

Try Ebay.
    Banned

+ Reply to Thread