ATV Racers

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ATV Racers

ATV Racers

In 1966 I was shot in a hunting accident I was paralized from the waist down we lived on a 800 acre wooded area and my father heard of the ATV Attex and we went and tried it out. It ccould be controlled using sticks and for 4 years I lived in that Attex driving through the woods making my own trails. Then I heard about ATV Racing and Natva. I traveled all over the East Coast to races. I met Scott Slonaker and Larry Shorts we helped each other at races. It was fun and I miss those heady days. I hope some of those guys find this site and we can talk again.
    Thanks
    Chuck
    Maryland

That's cool Chuck007. Whipper & I were wondering, too, where Scott or Larry might be these days. It would have been cool to have them at Ashtabula in May. I'm just curious if Larry still has his red hair or if it went gray like the rest of us old timers. Anyway, can't imagine that either one of those guys would have given up on 6 wheelers just because they were getting a little older.

Bridget

Old Racers

Hi,
    Does anyone know if any of the Old Timers of racing ever post her. Like Larry Shorts or Scott Slonaker. I knew these guys back in the day 1969-1973 when I raced all over the East Coast.
    Thanks Chuck

Hello everyone,,, Speak of the devil and he shall appear...
    I got a call from Kevin Overmoyer few days ago,, he told me ATVs were alive and well.. and that racing had started again. I hear tell there will be an event at Ashtabula . The Pine lake track was everyone's favorite and was very good to me. So with any kind of luck I would like to come and see it all again. Hope to see you all there!

Scott

Now, that's cool! Just another reason this is going to be a great event!

[IMG][/IMG]
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Quote Originally Posted by Slonaker View Post
    Hello everyone,,, Speak of the devil and he shall appear...
    I got a call from Kevin Overmoyer few days ago,, he told me ATVs were alive and well.. and that racing had started again. I hear tell there will be an event at Ashtabula . The Pine lake track was everyone's favorite and was very good to me. So with any kind of luck I would like to come and see it all again. Hope to see you all there!

Scott
    Welcome to the site, Scott! That would be great if you could join us at Ashtabula this year. It is June 18-20, so mark your calendar. We'd love to have you and hear all of your racing stories.

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/6x6-a...20-2010-a.html
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Whipper & I saw the welcome new member Slonaker last night & thought OMG, could it be? How great is this.

Our guess is we might have another entrant for the Over 50 class?

Bridget

This is a great thing to happen to this site!! Another former racer.....Hope to see them all at Ash.

Ash is looking better all the time!

Scott, my dad's been mentioning your name as one of the best racers since I was a kid. Honored to hear from a legend (even if it is just in this small and relatively unknown community). Hope to meet you there.

Hey Scott. We're all glad you found out about Ashtabula. Hope to see ya there,you'll have a blast.
    You got 2 weeks to get something ready.
    Another entry for the over 50 class?
    whipper

+ Reply to Thread