Greetings fellow 6-wheelers!
I am just finishing up a restoration / rebuild of a 980 hustler, and I posted a few pictures of the project in my photo gallery. I have enjoyed reading the posts and information, great website! It is good to know that there are other die hard 6-wheeler fans out there with the same addiction I have!
The project started as a early 80's huster with a Kohler single cylin 16 horse four stroke. I purchased a new deep body from Richard at Richards relics as well as other hard to source parts (richard and mike have been a great help during this project). Frame was boxed in, sand blasted and powder coated. T-20 and engine were rebuilt, axels are keyed 1 1/4 " 4140 cold rolled steel, sprockets are from martin. Wheels are Super Grip 12x7 running 26x12 super lite mud tires (I plan to run this in the Mississippi delta...mud!)The machine was re-wired to include bilge pump, volt gauge, hour meter, 12v receptical, and halogen lights. I just finished installing the t-20, and hopefully tommorow I can take it for a test run!
Hope the pictures help some one with their project; I have really enjoyed reading about the other resto projects especially boncrshr's 980.
See ya in the swamp!