Hustler 980 Resto

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hustler 980 Resto

Hustler 980 Resto

Greetings fellow 6-wheelers!
    I am just finishing up a restoration / rebuild of a 980 hustler, and I posted a few pictures of the project in my photo gallery. I have enjoyed reading the posts and information, great website! It is good to know that there are other die hard 6-wheeler fans out there with the same addiction I have!
    The project started as a early 80's huster with a Kohler single cylin 16 horse four stroke. I purchased a new deep body from Richard at Richards relics as well as other hard to source parts (richard and mike have been a great help during this project). Frame was boxed in, sand blasted and powder coated. T-20 and engine were rebuilt, axels are keyed 1 1/4 " 4140 cold rolled steel, sprockets are from martin. Wheels are Super Grip 12x7 running 26x12 super lite mud tires (I plan to run this in the Mississippi delta...mud!)The machine was re-wired to include bilge pump, volt gauge, hour meter, 12v receptical, and halogen lights. I just finished installing the t-20, and hopefully tommorow I can take it for a test run!
    Hope the pictures help some one with their project; I have really enjoyed reading about the other resto projects especially boncrshr's 980.
    See ya in the swamp!

I saw your pics, VERY NICE WORK SO FAR!!!! I just restored a Hustler 980 BIG FOOT and I love it! You will be very impressed with this machine. I love the way those new rims and tires look on your rig! Here is mine before and after. These Hustlers are geared lower than standard Hustlers and they can pull just about anything. EXCELLENT MACHINES....you will be happy!

Keep us updated on the buildup!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Hustler 980

That's a good looking machine! What size tires are those, they really fill up the tub, and that's a big tub! How does it handle in the water? If you have any pictures of the inside, I would love to take a look. I am still trying to figure out how to run the hot air from the engine out the back instead of out the side.

Chris, I love the quote in your signature first of all! Second, I would be happy to take some pics of the inside of my rig. I actually have a 694cc flat twin Briggs I/C 18HP in my machine. It has ductwork around the exhaust and it runs out on the side of the upper body. Those are 26x12x12 Goodyear Super Terra Grip tires on it.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

+ Reply to Thread