2010 Mudd Ox

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Mudd Ox

Question 2010 Mudd Ox

Does anyone know whats new for the 2010 Mudd Ox ?? Iam thinking of getting a new one. So far it's going to be a Mudd Ox or a Argo. Thanks for any info. Cougar
    2011 MUDD OX KUBOTA TURBO DIESEL

Cougar,

I,ve been told that the 2010 Mudd-Ox will have double sixty chain through out the whole machine,( front to back ) extra frame cross bracing, two 10 inch, higher cfm cooling fans on either side of the motor, raised muffler that lowers the engine temps, added bracing on each side of the lower tub for tracks , skid plates, a rear , deep tub insert for hunters.

I sent Matt a E-Mail so I hope he gets back to me. I'll let everyone know whats new for the 2010s. Cougar

Modd Ox 09 demo on e-bay 15000 :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
    Does anyone know whats new for the 2010 Mudd Ox ?? Iam thinking of getting a new one. So far it's going to be a Mudd Ox or a Argo. Thanks for any info. Cougar
    Can't beat the price!

Humpty Doo, Northern Territory, Australia
    I'm pretty sure this particular machine is fitted with most of the upgrades that the 2010 model has as standard.

Private Message From MudBug3

Cougar,

I talk to Matt Oxender about ever 2-3 weeks about the Mudd-Ox, since I,ll be getting one for myself in the near future. I passed on all of the imformation that I could think of that Matt has told me on the phone. I spent about 30 minutes responding to your post about the Mudd-Ox, and was quite disappointed when I read your post later on, saying that you,re now going to call Matt, after you,ve already asked the forum members questions about it. I see now responding to your post was a complete waste of my time.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry MudBug I didn't think I was wasting your time. I was just trying to get all the info I can before I spend 20,000 + on a new toy. Like I said sorry , and for your info I was going to call Matt about the 09 on E-Bay. Cougar

The 2010 Mudd-Ox has quite a few changes it now comes standard with a 105 amp alternator and the ability to use the 25 amp alternator that is standard on the Kohler motor in the event of a alt belt failure etc. It does use double 60 chain throughout the machine and there is one less chain as the front chain now connects the hydraulic motor and the first and second axles it also uses a quite ingenious front chain tensioner system for this chain. The system will allow easier gear changes on the motors if one wanted to. the exhaust fan provides more the 2x the CFMs as the original one and the hydraulic cooler is 1.5x larger. I put over 140 miles on our 2010 on a recent hunting trip and had no issues with any type of overheating and we where very heavily loaded and towing a large trailer. New non splined axles with cast hubs. Frame stiffeners, seat belts, thicker seat, raised passenger handle, available skid plate. We used the drop in bed liner which really helps keep debris out of the hull/tub. Many small refinements. We have now had three generation of production machines and would like to point out that even the first ones are more then capable machines.

BTW Mudbug you have called us many times over the past year about the Mudd-Ox and say you are getting ready to buy one in the near future- well the future is here, with these refinements shouldn't be anything to stop you now!!!!

Hi Everyone,

I want to thank everybody for thier support in the Mudd-Ox over the last few years of development and now we have been in full production over a year. The changes made to the 2010 Mudd-Ox are in response to real world customers using and abusing the machines for work and play. Here is the list of changes made to the 2010 Mudd-Ox.

Double 60 roller chain on all axles with easy to change final drive ratio. You can order the machine to run at top speeds from 12 MPH to around 20 MPH. This also adds more frame support tubes and a new chain adjustment system.

Larger hydraulic oil cooler to keep the oil temp. down when the machine is drove for long distances at full speed.

Larger engine bay cooling fan.

Heavy duty wheel hubs.

105 amp automotive style charging system to allow for aux. lights, power inverters, ect.

The drivers control levers have been moved forward and the passenger T handle has been moved up 2 inches to make more room up front for the driver and passenger. This also makes it easier to get in and out of the machine.

The new accessories for 2010 are:

You can now order your Mudd-Ox with a custom printed upper body. This means I can take almost any digital image and print it on a upper body. for example you could take a photo of the woods you hunt in and I can make that your camouflage. I am now able to build a Mudd-Ox with almost any brand or pattern of camouflage you prefer. Due to some licensing agreements some patterns may not be avalible. Please contact me if you have any questions.

Rear cargo bed liners.

Full lower body skid plate.

New canvas top that can be a half cab or a full cab.

New joy stick control system to make it easier for a handicap person with one arm or limited movment and strenght to drive.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMax View Post
    I'm pretty sure this particular machine is fitted with most of the upgrades that the 2010 model has as standard.
    The 2009 factory demo on ebay right now has the 105 amp charging system, Larger engine bay fan, double 60 chans on the front 4 axles and single 60 on the back 4. it also has the new chain adjusting system.
    This is a great buy for somone wanting a new low hour 8x8.

Matt
    Last edited by Matt O.; 09-26-2009 at 02:24 PM.

+ Reply to Thread