Carolina Orange Crush (Springer)

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Carolina Orange Crush (Springer)

Axles

Got started installing axles into the frame today. This is a great feeling to get started putting this machine together. Whipper has done a excellent joy with his machining work. All parts are spot on the money! Once i acquired all the bolts i needed i started installing axles and brake discs. I hope to finish the axles and install the motor plate tomorrow and get the trans installed so that sprockets can be set to permanent locations. Still waiting on chain so this will occur coming week.

Last edited by Mike; 01-26-2010 at 10:57 PM.

Beautiful! I love the drilled rotors. Thanks for the updates.

Cool Alright, Envy is one of the 7 right?

OK Lewis, we gonna race right? I think you should leave off two tires just to even the field a little.

And not the middle ones either!!

Hey, Did I mention that I made the wall?
    Still want a KID

Looking nice Lewis!

Banned

lookin good

Got to come down and see progress sometime. your just a hop skip and jump . well time to go to the shop project max is gonna need a coupla axles made think im gonna key the sprokets ... Dave

Lookin' great, Lewis! Thanks for keeping us updated. We can't wait to see the finished product!

Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

lookin good there Lewis. i need to drop in one day and see it in person. let me know if you need a hand with anything
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Are these springer kits available for Argos? Where do you get the kits? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Russ344 View Post
    Are these springer kits available for Argos? Where do you get the kits? Thanks!
    Hi Russ,

Whipper, a member of this site, makes these kits. Right now they are available for 2nd and 3rd generation Attexes, the Max II and the Max IV. He told me he can make them for any machine if he had the body and frame long enough to adapt the tooling to the machine. In other words, he needs someone to drop off their Argo or whatever for a few months so that he could do all the math and stuff.

Well, that's what he told me about a year and a half ago. My kit was easy because he had already built the Spider for himself and my Attex had identical measurements.
    Banned

Whipper designed and built this kit. It is for an Attex but....if he had a Argo frame and body it is possible he could build a kit for your machine the principles should be basically the same. There are many models of Argos with different frame designs, so that will come into play. He builds a kit for a Max 2 and 4 also. I can not speak for him but it never hurts to ask. You would have the FIRST ARGO with suspension. How cool would that be. Site name is Whipper. Check out the springer Thread and you can see how he developed this.

Channel Z on Vimeo Here is a springer video showing how well the suspension works. My favorite and love the tunes.
    Last edited by lewis; 10-25-2009 at 11:28 AM.

+ Reply to Thread