Hustler/Sidewinder

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hustler/Sidewinder

Hustler/Sidewinder

Hi everybody! I recently picked up a Sidewinder for $1200. She has a Koehler 750cc V-twin with 10hrs on it. There's no rust in the machine at all. The guy that had it before cut out the back seat some to fit the engine and I was planning on making a new hood. It also has a roll bar with snaps and where could I get a cover for winter driving? Can anybody send a schematic on chain routing? I lost a couple by being dumb..lol! I'm not crazy about the chain tensioners....any suggestions on that? What tool should I use to take out chain links? This is a great site and appreciate any help!...6x6Bearman

Congrats on your sidewinder. It is one of the rarer machines.

I dont think anybody would have the schematic for the chain routing. Hopefully you can figure it out from the other side.

As far as the tools go for the chain links, there are chain breakers that are design to push the pins out. And there are tools that can help install the chain to. Here is a link...

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/gener...ise-grips.html

Smile sidewinder/hustler.

Quote Originally Posted by 6x6Bearman View Post
    Hi everybody! I recently picked up a Sidewinder for $1200. She has a Koehler 750cc V-twin with 10hrs on it. There's no rust in the machine at all. The guy that had it before cut out the back seat some to fit the engine and I was planning on making a new hood. It also has a roll bar with snaps and where could I get a cover for winter driving? Can anybody send a schematic on chain routing? I lost a couple by being dumb..lol! I'm not crazy about the chain tensioners....any suggestions on that? What tool should I use to take out chain links? This is a great site and appreciate any help!...6x6Bearman
    i just happen to have a hood i think and etc? fiberglass? even a decent top 1/2 of body too
    Last edited by Amphiman1; 10-10-2009 at 11:36 AM.

Smile chains

Quote Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
    Congrats on your sidewinder. It is one of the rarer machines.

I dont think anybody would have the schematic for the chain routing. Hopefully you can figure it out from the other side.

As far as the tools go for the chain links, there are chain breakers that are design to push the pins out. And there are tools that can help install the chain to. Here is a link...

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/gener...ise-grips.html
    count the links on the other side....get new chain,measure links , use a grinder to remove link rivets, pry off with a screw driver. Put on machine, add master link, finished......

Hustler/Sidewinder Cover!

Hello Amphiman....what is included with that cover? Windshield too? Is the snap pattern standard or do they differ from machine to machine? Can you send a pic of it? How do I get a hold of you? I'm very intrested in it. How much do you need for it? Thanx to all for replying too! This is a great site!
    Last edited by Mike; 10-14-2009 at 08:35 PM. Reason: moved post to existing thread

Smile do the hustle........lol

Quote Originally Posted by 6x6Bearman View Post
    Hello Amphiman....what is included with that cover? Windshield too? Is the snap pattern standard or do they differ from machine to machine? Can you send a pic of it? How do I get a hold of you? I'm very intrested in it. How much do you need for it? Thanx to all for replying too! This is a great site!
    i messaged you.... with the info

+ Reply to Thread