Where to ride in Northern California-Newbie

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where to ride in Northern California-Newbie

Where to ride in Northern California-Newbie

Hello to all, new guy here. I just purchased a 2003 Argo Vanguard and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good place to ride it. I live in Northern California, about 60 miles East of San Francisco. Trails in the woods or sand would be cool, water or not. Thanks to everyone, this is a great site for 6x6 and 8x8 riders!!!

Welcome Russ344,

I'm way down in San Diego - I hope to make it up to Oceano Dunes someday (Pismo Beach) which is half way between here and SF but, here's a pretty comprehensive list of OHV areas in California I just came across:

California OHV/Dirt Bike Riding Areas - Where to Go at All-OffRoad

I've got a 76 Big Max II w/ a 503 Rotax.

Hi Russ
    I live in North CA, about 60miles south of san fransco in San Jose. Im headed for the Seirra this week end, to hunt there are meany roads to ride on up above Senora, just down at Long Barn. stop by the Miwak Ranger station and they will give ya a copy of a map or you can buy a map.
    Canagie will not let us on the mountain, but you can play in the mud and in the rocks. and there a young sheriff at pismo that sead we have to have a roll bar to play in the dunes.
    Havent been but want to try the area down on the grapevine.
    I will be at Hull Creek all next week and there no service there. so hope this will help till I get back.

Thanks for the info. I always used to ride at Hull Creek but when I looked it up it said it was closed for the winter. If it is, is there another place to park and another way into the forrest? That area is my favorite place to ride. Thanks!
    Russ

it was open last weekend, but the is the back side. thats were we go. the road right beside the entrance to the camp goes back be hide. they might be makeing more changes they messed it up. you used to beable to pull through now its rocked up so you have to know how to turn around in small places with your trailer.

pismo.jpgpismo1.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by techfx View Post
    Welcome Russ344,

I'm way down in San Diego - I hope to make it up to Oceano Dunes someday (Pismo Beach) which is half way between here and SF but, here's a pretty comprehensive list of OHV areas in California I just came across:

California OHV/Dirt Bike Riding Areas - Where to Go at All-OffRoad

I've got a 76 Big Max II w/ a 503 Rotax.
    Man, you're not kidding..Oceano Dunes is beautiful!
    Because anything less isn't really "All-Terrain"

Well Russ, It's a days drive for ya, but up here near Marysville, CA we have two major rivers; the Sacramento and the Feather. At the Feather River just before you enter Marysville there is a sand dune track (mostly dirtbikes/quads), but I love to see their heads whip around when I crawl up the bank out of the river and hit the hills....priceless! Anyway, It's off Hwy 70 in Yuba County above Sacramento.
    Because anything less isn't really "All-Terrain"

+ Reply to Thread