Mudd-Ox vs the Argo HDI

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Mudd-Ox vs the Argo HDI

i agree, I will update after purchase!

I'm curious to see people's thoughts on the T-20 equipped Mudd-ox Vengeance as compared to the Argo.
    Thanks
    Ty Turner

870-818-1315
    tyturnersoffroad@yahoo.com

JESUS ROCKS

Ive owned a lot of makes and models of argo and mudd-ox 8x8s, and from the outside looking in, the vengeance looks very impressive in all the areas that matter to me personally. Large, bouyant body relative to weight, ground clearance, tires/rims, axles/chains, accessibility for maintenance, and common/fuel efficient engines. I'm especially interested in a base model 23 hp model as I've owned an argo frontier with that engine, and it is especially fuel-efficient. With the right gearing it could be one heck of a value. A guy can always modify/adjust your machine anyway you like it, but I'll be honest I'm impressed.
    That being said, I've never been lucky enough to try a machine with a T20. In about 5 minutes you'd have it figured out, no doubt

I will weight in on this not unlike Buzz I have owned a number of machines but alas never a Ox when I found this forum I had no idea there was another maker other than Argo and Max and started to investigate Ox at that time the idea of hydraulic drive was interesting now the playing field has opened with the T 20 trans,would I like to try one *ell yes here in Canada Argo has a well established name and some long time dealers so for that very reason it makes no sense for me to own one many parts retro fit for years maintenance is pretty easy once you get the knack I applaud Ox for doing a eight wheeler i would for my base machine own nothing else load capability is crucial for us having drove the Admiral transmission its a jewel hands down and the fact that you can one hand drive the T bar set up has always been a bonus the thing about the Ox that would be hard to deal with for my particular use is the mid mount motor now before you jump all over me Iam well aware of its pluses but I do use my machine everytime out for water crossings some small(no outboard)some big with a outboard on access from the front seat to the back is important i also take other people from time to time with full top up and like the ease of conversation as they are just behind me not sure how the Ox would be with the mid mount,and I know that the Argo is a bit tricky to enter water with the nose weight that said we are usually loaded heavy enough to level it but I have found that when level in the water without a outboard wheels alone for propulsion it is slower nose down its quicker not by much but noticeable something to do with the way the tires tread water more independently all that said Cheers to Ox they are still moving ahead trying different things and appear very committed to the industry.NCT

+ Reply to Thread