Jackal C868s on the way...we will see...

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jackal C868s on the way...we will see...

All I know is Whipper & I are neither mudders or swimmers & Robbie's Max IV got us thru everything we went thru & some of it was not pretty. & it swam just fine.

After watching a lot of different people drive in deep mud, I'm not entirely convinced that one particular tire is any better than another really. But it is fun listening to guys dicker about tires. I still think the line you take or the deeper ruts you dig out for yourself really affects whether you'll have a succesful outcome. If you hi-center your machine, everyone knows that you won't be going anywhere.

Mike T is going to update everyone on these tires & hopefully they will meet his expectations. That would be cool.

Bridget

Moike (QUOTE ) " just installed these 22x11x8 Jackals with 3 lbs pressure. I have put it to a swim test and they are far better than the rawhides."

Mike T

If I had,nt read what the forum member " Moike " said about these tires , I,d assume that they would,nt swim , but , Moike says they do. This would be great, since the rawhide tires are now getting hard to find.

I think that's the post I saw that got me curious..I would have though they wouldnt swim that well either, but I noticed the "dogleg" in the cleats, I think maybe that's what grabs the water? Can't wait to find out.

( QUOTE ) " I think that's the post I saw that got me curious..I would have though they wouldnt swim that well either, but I noticed the "dogleg" in the cleats, I think maybe that's what grabs the water? Can't wait to find out.

Mike T

Yes , you and a lot of other folks on this forum too , I,d imagine . MightymaxIV and myself have both found out that when using non- amphibious tires such as those commonly used on most atv,s , its the outer shape of the lugs on the atv tire used ,that determines how well it swims. MightymaxIV, Mike , Fulleraviation ,Don ,Jpswift , and myself use the ASX tires, and are more concerned with the additional traction that an aggressive mud tire provides ,than fast water speed. If you fall in this category, then the Jackal, atv tire might be the right choice for you.
    Last edited by mudbug3; 11-19-2009 at 03:03 PM.

Yes, I still remember spending two hours getting mine out of the soupy marsh behind my house, hopefully I'll have better results next time.

In the mail!

Thanks for the heads up on the price "Mike T". Looked on e-bay and they stated that they only had two left. Sent the company an email and they had seven on the floor. Price is the same as you paid. They have a website motorheadzone.com which advertises free shipping on orders over $200. Asked about free shipping and that would be on regular price $70 something tires. Not complaining! Service was great by e-mail. I called the phone listed a few times but no one answered. Like you said, we will see when they get here.

good! I hope...

That would be sweet if they swim better then the rawhides!!!

well, as promised,. they came in today...now to get them mounted on my rims, hopefully i'll get time to do some testing by the weekend.

hey miket, just wondering if you've been able to test out these tires yet and if so howd they perform for you? im sure there's plenty of other members along with me anxious to find out how this tires perform

Thanks
    Nate

+ Reply to Thread