Canal Fest 2007 6x6 Swim!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Canal Fest 2007 6x6 Swim!

Canal Fest 2007 6x6 Swim!

Everyone around the Buffalo, NY area listen to this. There is some videos around the forum of me in a Max IV during Canal Fest 2006. It was a great time and everyone absolutely loved seeing this thing in the water and I got all kinds of positive reaction, even from the Coast Guard and Sheriff's boats. I am trying to get as many amphibs out sometime during Canal Fest in Tonawanda, NY again this year for a little convoy up the Canal. It would be about a 1/2 mile swim and you would want to hook up a small bilge pump. Lets get as many people as we can and we will also get some exposure for the www.6x6world.com site too.

Canal Fest of the Tonawandas Inc
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

did you have to register as a boat. I would love to go

Yes you do.....NY boat registration is $21 for 3 years, which isnt too bad. You just use your VIN number that your Max came with printed on that aluminum plate. We would love to have you join the convoy!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Heres a pic that I used to sell the Max IV on ebay after it went for a swim in the Canal. All of the crowds are just past that bridge there in the distance. It would be about a 1/4-1/2 mile trip up the canal for us. I could only imagine how cool it would be to se a group of 6x6's paddling through the water along side some cabin cruisers and cigarette boats.
    Attached Images

Wouldn't that be awesome! Get some more pics/video this year when you go.

If I can make it, I'll get some pics/vids of the S.S. Gerber ramming Jeff's Max II at a healthy 2mph. After I board and commandeer your vessel, I'll throw ye' overboard, and tow the bounty back to me...uhh.... I mean MY remote island hideaway...

I'm getting the 50-cal mounted up this evening. You stand no chance.

Haha well Mike we might even be bumper boating at a whopping 4mph, maybe even 5 if theres a slight current and wind! Will you be wearing a pirate hat and an eye patch as well? You will have to bring your rum too, theres a nice spot to hide booze under the back seat of Max IV's an RIMs!

PS, I like the pirate flag.

You all need to mount those flags on your six wheelers!

Well it looks like we will be making our swim up the Erie Canal on Saturday. There is a Marina under the foot of the bridge on the North Tonawanda side of the canal where the boat houses are and the old rail road bridge is. I can get a Mapquest link on here soon so we all know where to meet. What time is best for everyone? We will probably launch and then drive about 1/4-1/2 mile up the canal and stop right in the heart of the canal at the little bar/grille there for food and drinks. We can paddle around and check everything out around there and get some good exposure for 6x6world.com there too! Post up or PM me if you have any suggestions or need more information.

Canal Float

Going to get my life jackets/fire extinguiser/boat numbers etc. today!

+ Reply to Thread