Canal Fest 2007 6x6 Swim!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Canal Fest 2007 6x6 Swim!

Awesome Have fun guys!

Canal Fest was a blast! We got stopped by the state troopers and the Sheriffs because they wanted to take a picture of our 6 wheelers and they wanted to know where to buy one. Everyone was looking at our machines and we so many people stopped us and asked us about them. We told them that if they want to learn more check out www.6x6world.com. Nobody knew that these machines were actually built in Buffalo, NY. It just goes to show you the lack of exposure 6 wheelers have. Taking them in the canal was a great advertisement and a lot of people were very interested in them. Next year we will have a big convoy of 6x6's swimming up the canal. We stopped to eat and all the people on their boats watched in amazement as we just crawled the 6x6's out of the water and parked them on the rocks. Hey_Dan78's 24" Argo tires did really well in the water. They are probably the fastest tire for water that you could put on a Max II. I ran my Nankang Chevrons, and they were pretty quick but a tad slower that Dan's Argo tires. I think the Chevrons were a tad slower because they are only 21" compared to 24" and the treads on them isnt as deep as the Argo tire. It was a great time and we will be going in the canal again this year (they have bands there and stuff going on on Friday or Saturday nights throughout the summer). I am going to try my Hustler BIGFOOT out there when I get it going. Everyone says those 26" Goodyear Super Terra Grips are very fast in the water. If anyone else is going to be in the Buffalo, NY area again this summer or next year at this time, you should join up with us and make the swim. It was an excellent time and people really got a kick out of seeing amphibious 6x6's in the water and on the land.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

That's too cool man. I just saw the pictures. Did anybody else make it up there to cheer you on?

Here's the pics for everyone else:

Mike, maybe next year you can make it up here to go with us. It is one of the coolest 6x6 experiences ever. I have video that I will be posting up soon. A lot of it is at night too. The size of "Gateway Park" there in Tonawanda, and the crowds that were that night were unbelievable. There was so much going on and it was excellent free publicity for 6 wheelers. EgoPerf. made it up there with his family to snap the pics. Im sure he will be bringing some of his machines next year along with a many more 6x6ers.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I hope that I can make it next year. That would be awesome!

Here are some videos of Dan and I. I will have more up soon. Hope you can all join us next year!

That looks too cool especially when you see the boats and ferris wheel in the background. Other than registering it and putting numbers on what else do you have to do in order to be legal? Do you need boat lights, life jackets, fire extinguishers...

Mike, if you want to drive at night you need the boat lights, and you have to have life jackets, and a fire extinguisher to be legal. Although the State Troopers and Sheriffs didnt even check to make sure we had that stuff, they just wanted to know what 6 wheelers were and take pictures of our rigs. If you could make it up next year that would be great! If we could get a whole gang of these together, that would be the cat's pajamas! I will be taking my Hustler BIGFOOT in the Canal in a few weeks for some water testing when my machine is all complete. I will get pics/video up of that when it is available.

+ Reply to Thread