T-20 vs New Argo Transmission

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: T-20 vs New Argo Transmission

T20

Well I did buy my Max based on the tranny, since I liked the appearance of the Argos much more. But we don't travel on looks.

So... I get the T-20, how it works and all, I get the older Argo tranny, whatever it is, but what is different with the new Argo tranny? I am on the verge of buying a new avenger to replace my 82 Argo-8, but if it's drive system is no better "4 wheel drive 8 wheeler", then I'm not really better off am I? Have they introduced some sort of limited slip or some type of diff locker in the new ones? I've spent countless hours trying to figure this out, and I just can't seem to find the info I'm looking for. From the sounds of the Argo site, it IS in fact a true 8 wheeler, but is it better than it sounds?

I've owned an old Prarie Bobcat with a T-20, and while it requires more attention while cruising around, I would gladly swap one into my Argo to actually get it to 8 wheel drive as it should be.... although the Avengers ground clearance is very appealing.

+ Reply to Thread