6x6 ranger

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 6x6 ranger

6x6 Ranger

Well, I did look @ these before buying my Argo bigfoot, but after realizing that none of the "side by sides" except for the Argo would float, I never gave them another thought.

I beloong to a volunterr fire dept. in NJ & 3 seperate depts in my town all purchased different types of what they call Remote access atv`s LOL , the 1st dept, bought a John Dere Gator 6x4 & that gets stuck in the muddy farm fields & river silt where they attemp to operate, dept # 2 bought a polaris 6x6 ranger, w/a slide in/out fire pump/hose to as they quote fight brush fires between the canal/river (swamp) lands & to handle the many water rescue calls they get everytime the roads flood, well, so far this unit hasnt seen ANY off road time because the dept. chief wont allow it off road & it cost the taxpayers a whopping $40 K to boot.
    dept # 3 bought a quad who knows why ?

So you do the math, & guaranteed the Argo wins !

But, I did finally convince the fire academy to purchase a brand new Argo 8x8 750 EFI which they took delivery of 3 months ago.

Hope this helps you /

Good luck,

Tom

I did alot of research on all the sidexsides and for used it ended up the ranger 6x6 was the best bang for the buck for what you get out of it, and new the best bang for the buck was the polaris ranger crew, i currently have a '98 gator 6x4 20hp Kawasaki, best machine ever hands down
    '99 Conquest 104hp turbocharged intercooled EFI Chevy Sprint conversion
    "Argo 8x8's only" type of guy
    "old school Argo expert"

Quote Originally Posted by eightwheeler View Post
    I did alot of research on all the sidexsides and for used it ended up the ranger 6x6 was the best bang for the buck for what you get out of it, and new the best bang for the buck was the polaris ranger crew, i currently have a '98 gator 6x4 20hp Kawasaki, best machine ever hands down
    IMO the best all around SxS(besides an amphib) is the ranger XP. the 6x6 is great for more serious work or mud and the RZR is great for sport use. the ranger crew isnt the best offroad machine around but good for worksites and light off road stuff

Thumbs down

I have owned a Max, a Kubota, a Argo 6x6, Two Ranger Side by side 6X6,a wolverine and a Gator. The floaters don't cross streams very well, don't cross rivers at all. Intake on Kubota and Gator were wayyyyyy too low, Can't haul enough fuel or parts for a Wolverine, Unless they come out with something better I'll never own anything except a Polaris Ranger two up 6X6 ever again.

don't underestimate the power of drained ponds getting a ranger 6x6 stuck but nothing would have gotten through that

+ Reply to Thread