1969 LTV KID ATV

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 1969 LTV KID ATV

1969 LTV KID ATV

I am buying a 1969 LTV KID tomarrow for 900$!!!! It isnt running but everything is there. Hooked a battery pack to starter and nothing happened no sound so i think it doesnt run just due to a loose wire. Other than that it has a hole in the bottom from a rock or something and rust over the wheels. Best of all it comes with all of the good accessories
    - contour seats (old im going with new john deer gator seats)
    - windshield and wiper ( no cracks and wiper came on when the batery was hocked up)
    - cowl and lights (lights work good)
    - front support structure
    - metal tracks
    - rear support structure
    - PTO
    - three point hitch (minus the hydrolics)
    - metal canopy
    If you HAVE any INFORMATION or need any I can tell you what i know
    Good searches and sights
    GOOGLE hydrostat drive
    GOOGLE shoson indrustries (click first sight then click on little pictures to get to a KID site)
    YOUTUBE hydrostat drive kid (4 videos by a guy named sharkfin a nice kid but doesnt show to much other than him simming around in it)

IF YOU HAVE A KID PLEASE POST A VIDEO ON YOUTUBE SO I CAN SEE WHAT IT IS CAPLE OF ESPECAILLY ING THE MUD!! Im a duck hunter
    sorry for putting this as a repply i couldnt figure out how to make a thread i guess im not registered or something
    8x8 twice as good as 4x4

well im not sure what all it will do yet but i picked one up about a month ago. for 1500 granted mine does run though. It came with a plow, tracks and an extra set of tires as well as the metal top and the beffed up front and rear bumpers. it sounds like you have all the links that ive found so far for it. I just ordered the cd from shoshone industies that has all the manuals on it not sure how long that will take to get here though. I have to replace some chains on one side this week then ill play with it in the snow and let ya know how it does.

kid

Thanks for leting me know. I wondered if anyone knew anything i didnt about it because it is hard to find any information. I'm looking forward to getting mine running (shouldnt take long) already got new seats for it and started replacing some stuff on it today. Hopefully on monday i will get the part im waiting on and it then change all fluids and be able to see what she can do for myself by the end of the week. Then i will take it up to my welding class and make it float. Its going to need to with two straight months of rain her in arkansas all my hunting sloughs and rice fields are full
    8x8 twice as good as 4x4

LTV KID. would you sell your KID? i am very interested in it.
    please call me to let me no as i dont get on this board oftan
    765 499 1875
    i also sent you a PM about this

Talking Southern Comfort Kid

Glad to see some Kids out there! My first posting, but should be on more. I'll try to post pix of mine. Not as cheap as yours but was always stored inside, great body & engine. I got it in June and floated it in my pond with some leaks. Make sure you don't climb too steep when exiting water as will swamp and hard to tow with those hydrostats ( have to unhook the master chains).

Also watch that PTO, mine was live without any clutch, so it spins all the time at engine speed and the shaft was slightly bent so it wobled, I removed it. On those videos you mentioned, notice his prop spins all of the time, can't stop it! Not too safe. If I reinstall I'll get an electric clutch.

Sorry to say th previous owner did not do much maintenance but had the original documents for it, so I'm now changing all outer bearings and seals and an axle with a deep score mark from the seal. Lots of greasy goop in the bottem and I don't think the engine oil and filters were ever changed. The air filter had a 1969 date on it.

Also important! Check out the fuel line from the tank to the carb, old fuel line material that was falling apart and the factory air filter mount presses on and wears the line under the filter can and mine was ready to have a bad gas leak. The previous owner knew of another owner whose Kid had caught fire out in the rice fields (probably from that same bad fuel line placement!

Mine had the tracks, front & rear supports and soft top frame, WS etc, but I took it off as I'm a tall big guy. The tracks stress alot on concrete and the rubber "bands" can break, but I'm keeping them for the swamp, I'm just outside New Orleans and a friend of ours has one in Monroe. Go duck hunting!

As the pix shows I had customs adapters made for dually tires, I think this will give me the same ground pressure as tracks with softer ride and add some water boyency? but maybe not as good water speed. It's a work in progress.

The pix show as I got it with tracks and how it looks now with duallys. Keep in touch and we can share info.
    Attached Images

there we go

thats what kind of responses everyone should get when they make a thread thanks that was a big help
    8x8 twice as good as 4x4

For the dually kits see Xtrememotorworks
    These are extremely HD with square tube thru the hubs welded 100%, made for those extreme tractor racing guys, will definitely not tear up. He also has covers for the end and 7/16 stud kits to convert your wheel hub from using stud bolts to much easier auto type studs and nuts. He makes them from grade 5 or 8 rod. I had him cut mine at 2". He custom makes the dually adapters to any width, I had mine to keep the tires tight to keep trash out from between the tires. It has been a great combo for full speed in dirt and in the woods, can't do that with the steel tracks. I just got in a alum floor tred- plate a shop laser cut to cover the front area over the gas tank.

I hope to have recent work completed for a Christmas duck hunt in Monroe. They have a large pond there so we will also do some water testing. Recently installed a kicker alum. bracket for a 8hp yamaha outboard. (for hurricane flood rescues), But I really want to get my PTO prop w/ elec clutch in the future, but no reverse on that. My initial PTO prop testing increased water speed from about 1.5mph to maybe 5! But also without any tiller (like in that video) it just went into a right hand turn, uncontrolled by the tires. Lots of fun!

I like the idea of the alum deck is that only to replace the alum sheeting on the deck? It gets pretty warm from the engine heat blowing on it. I was thinking hood gas shocks or one of those dump bed lifts to lift the steel lid, especially if in the swamp or water.

See a you tube video of the other Kid in the swamp with tracks:

sweet

now i really cant wait to get mine up and running im really glad though, you told me about the PTO clutch and everything that was a great idea, about the back cover i havnt driven mine or any other amphib for that matter, but what i think im going to do is vents in a spot or two and put in some hushmat on the lid and probally on the firewall to reduce heat and noise. Also i havnt done it yet but iv bought the stuff to clean and reseal the gas tank. Its called kreem and iv heard good reviews on it. for the tiller i was planning on just making mine like his but instead of a stearing wheel with cables i was just going to hook cables up to the throttle things on top of the hydrostats and run them right out back to the till (that way i steer with the stick) and dont have some other bulky thing in the cab. for the cab im no to big 5' 10''
    so im leaving the hard top puting plexy glass on the back and using jeepstyle doors for the sides. i have pics of mine in the gallery if you havnt already seen them. and my sister is probally going to load some pics of it all torn down too.
    8x8 twice as good as 4x4

oh yea

i forgot nice video it looked like it wasnt even trying at all!! have you ever got yours stuck?
    8x8 twice as good as 4x4

Great looking KID! It looked like it was moving pretty fast in the swamp even pulling the load it had. Very cool! Thanks for posting and welcome to the site.

+ Reply to Thread