anyone ever race a terra tiger????

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: anyone ever race a terra tiger????

anyone ever race a terra tiger????

i was wondering if anyone ever raced the terra tigers? i drove from nc to buffalo ny to get mine, and just picked up a second one a mile from the house. dousn't that just figure?!! the "new" one looks in good shape other than the "paint" and engine. i was thinking i'd build it up and bring it to ohio next summer. how much H.P. will i need to not get lapped in a 400lb fiberglass bath tub?

I remember racing against them. I don't remember any that weren't in A stock - up to 300cc where they actually did quite well most ot the time. The front inside wheel would raise way up on the turns, and at speed they always looked like they were just on the verge of being out-of-control.

Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

I guess that depends on if they have true classes. There's a pic of an old TT racer on the Route6x6 site. I'm pretty sure it ran the single two stroke engine. That was probably 18-24hp max. I've never seen a twin (or a triple) in the TT. You could be breaking new ground. I don't know about the driven clutch location, so I don't know if a twin would fit in one.

~m

ain't she ugly!!??

here is the tiger in question. it sure won't win any beauty contests so i might as well put a engine and cage in it and see what it'll do!
    Attached Images

There is some potential! Do you have any ideas on paint schemes?
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

all my 4 wheeled race cars have been bright ass yellow so i'l sure it will be along those lines!!

Great choice- when it comes to amphibs, yellow has always been associated with speed.

Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Here are a few of the pics from Richard Clark's Site, showing the old TT racer. The description on his Site says it's a 295 JLO.

There's no reason to think that you could be competitive in the <300cc class with it. You can really make a big single humm... I can't really tell, but with some fancy mounting work, and using the slim-style JLO recoil starter, you may be able to shoe-horn a 440 twin in there. Just pure speculation. It might be a lot tighter than it looks. Just a little prodding on my part.
    ~m

if i build a racer out of it it will have some big HP!!! my other thought was some rear tires off lawn tractors, a briggs, and use it to cruize the car shows and cruiz in's around here. i have racing in my blood and if i build a racer it will need to be competitive. looks like the attex were a lot more popular as racers.

racers...

I've never raced in a sanctioned event, but from speaking to a lot of people who have raced the Attexes, they were light, fast and very maneuverable with the T-20. Speaking from direct experience cruising around in both of my Attex race-oriented machines, they're really incredibly-good-handling machines. Both my 440 and 503cc powered machines feel extremely safe at high speed (45 mph or so) both in the straight-aways and in the corners. The two machines are in different leagues, though (between the two of them). Riding in the 440 for a while really builds up the confidence for what promises to be a more intense ride in the 503 (aka, the "R"). While the 440 is relatively forgiving if you make a mistake, a 50hp/ 6000 RPM blast in the R sends you off into the rhubarb if you don't think about where you're going in close quarters.

My limited experience has taught me that the key to a competitive machine is to get all of the reliable hp you can, get good, soft tires, and keep the center of gravity as low as possible. This way, you're sliding around the corners, and you don't have to worry about rolling it. You can take corners much faster. Sometimes you wipe out, sometimes you don't. I wipe out lotz. I don't really have much of a training arena. The Ohio ride was a lot of fun last year with Joe H's racer and my 440 powered Superchief. He had a bit more hp, but it was fun keeping up with him on the mile-long gravel road back to the dunes riding area. It's just full throttle for as long as you're ego will let you go. You couldn't help but be in full-grin mode the whole time.

Here's a repost of George's link to the video. Boy, this got a bit off topic fast. Sorry...

~m

+ Reply to Thread