Attex 4 Stroke Swap

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Attex 4 Stroke Swap

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post

This is the first poly body Attex I have owned (all others were ABS).
    Jeff,

Same here. I just picked up a SC a few weeks ago. My first poly body. I had intentions of using it with my 4 stroke but now I'm thinking of using its engine in my racer and putting the JLO 400 into the poly body. The poly body is also a little deformed in the back...not as pretty as I had expected.

I managed to patch the hole in my 4 stroke better than I expected so I don't want to pull everything out of the ABS now.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jerseybigfoot View Post
    Its a 6 chain frame in a 4 chain body. The 6 chain frame needs the corners trimmed to fit the poly body. There is lots of clearance under the deck with this setup. Its also easier to flex pipe the exhaust out the original muffler then target the tailpipe out the back. Mine is out the back in the upper body. Removing the the deck hinge bracket makes routing the exhaust easier.

From what I've been hearing 6 chain frames allow you to set the engine down deeper and use the stock engine cover. Now I have to do some thinking and decide how bad I want to keep the stock engine cover on there......or go about all of the trouble and locate a 6 chain frame. Oh, decisions, decisions.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Looks like you have some choices to make there too, George. Keep me updated, and I ll do the same for you. I just thought that a poly body machine would be a great trail machine because it is flexible, tough, and a 4 stroke would be a perfect powerplant.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Jeff,

Same here. I just picked up a SC a few weeks ago. My first poly body. I had intentions of using it with my 4 stroke but now I'm thinking of using its engine in my racer and putting the JLO 400 into the poly body. The poly body is also a little deformed in the back...not as pretty as I had expected.

I managed to patch the hole in my 4 stroke better than I expected so I don't want to pull everything out of the ABS now.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Argo cold air intake...

Okay, here are the pics of the Argo cold air intake hooked up to the EFI Chief. The top mount needs to be slotted to allow the shroud to be moved forward and backward with the engine as you tighten/loosen the drive belt. This was just a preliminary fit. It fits quite snuggly up against the side of the tub and against the engine. It moves an incredible amount of air! The "#3" picture was taken from the inside of the tub, pointing toward the rear of the machine.

http://www.6x6world.com/gallery/data...ke_shroud1.JPG

http://www.6x6world.com/gallery/data...ke_shroud2.JPG

http://www.6x6world.com/gallery/data...d3_rotated.JPG

~m

Hey George,
    Did you win the SC on eBay? I saw you bidding on one when it was pretty cheap and the price went up from there. I didn't see it end.

Hey Lance,

I won that auction. The price climbed a bit at the end but it was still fair. The only downside was some melted areas on the rear of the tub that were not evident at the time I placed the bid. The engine looks great though as well as the T-20.
    Banned

I came across this 4 chain setup on Route6x6. The engine cover is not down, but I don't see any holes in the cover either. The engine may be tipped slightly.
    Welcome to Richard's Relics Parts for ATV's

Wow, it does actually fit! Thanks for finding that jerseybigfoot. After seeing this and hearing all of this useful information from everyone here I have decided that I will just use my current 4 chain frame and go ahead with the Briggs Vanguard conversion. I will be posting up pics as they become available. The project will begin around the beginning or middle of December. Hopefully, the machine will be ready for the spring time.

...deleted...
    Last edited by hydromike; 10-27-2007 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hydromike View Post
    Notice the first line on that page from R6x6?

"We took an old but nice ATTEX 440 Thunderchief and turned it into something useful, by doing a quality Briggs VANGUARD conversion..."

Something USEFUL? Just stay away from my collection with this trite propaganda garbage.

~m

+ Reply to Thread