Bush Swamper 16/24 wheeler.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Bush Swamper 16/24 wheeler.

Attention all Bush Swamper /Grizzly owners!

I really need some help/advice on getting the drive train right on this machine. Ive got the old briggs running swell and now am in need of the correct belt size and then Much help with the brake set up. Anyhow, I would really like to get in touch with other owners, especially those whose Grizzlies are operational. :]
    Thanks in Advance
    Matt
    Last edited by Mike; 05-23-2010 at 04:25 PM. Reason: moved post to existing thread (no need for two threads on the same topic)

That is a very beefy machine. Never heard of them. Good luck with it.

i remember those machines and as bw6 mentioned they were built in sudbury.a fellow who has a hunt camp near ours had one about 20 years ago,he swore by it.will try to find some info for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bush Swamper View Post
    If it was a straight v-belt i would have no problem measuring centres, but it is a dual snowmobile belt setup and Im not even sure where to begin on sizing. I WILL take pics today. The motor has dual output shafts (one on each side of motor) and they both have centrifugal clutches to two separate transmissions which run each bank of wheels. If anyone is well versed in snowmobiles may be able to help me if i get centres.
    Thanks in advance.
    If you will search the forums this topic has been discussed before. Here's a thread to get you started: http://www.6x6world.com/forums/trans...-question.html

The last post from jerseybigfoot links to a calculator with everything you need to find the proper belt.

Well, to save anyone any trouble, the belt number is : GoodYear 71167 or Johndeer HP3022. This works out to a belt that is 1.25" x 47.125". Hope this helps someone.
    Last edited by Bush Swamper; 05-26-2010 at 03:17 PM.

Thanks for posting that for anyone else looking.

I have both belts and the breather pan. I'll take pics of both, and measure the belt.

congrats on your machine i have a summers bush swamper with24 wheels. i have rebuilt the entire machine and i tride other belts and ended up buying the right belts i got them from the company that made the machine in chelmsford near sudbury, they have sold all the remaning parts to a guy i know from hearst im trying to locate him will post were he is when i find him, im not sure if the grizzly uses the same belts. they told me they are special order at the time they had to buy them 10 at a time. good luck if i can help let me know i have a manual for the early bush machine and the engine.

HI, I'm glad to see that someone else is working on a Bush Swamper! I just had one GIVEN to me! (16 wheel) The Rubber and chassis is in fantastic shape but unfortunatly the motor and gear boxes are shot. The motor doesn't seem worth repairing but the gear boxes might be able to be restored. If anybody knows where I can find a repair manual or parts manual let me know. Thanks!

brothersam, welcome to the site. What a way to get into the hobby. You will probably have a hard time finding manuals but if you post some pictures of any problems you have, someone may be able to help you through them.

+ Reply to Thread