Bush Swamper 16/24 wheeler.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Bush Swamper 16/24 wheeler.

I believe these machines use the flat twin 18HP Briggs I/C engines. There are a lot of those motors out there so finding one at a decent price shouldn't be too hard. If you're looking for bearings and seals for your gear box, many 6x6World members including myself go through Buffalo Bearing because they give you really good prices and can find odd ball parts that other places can't.

1 800-669-8019 or (716) 874-1720

Tell them the guys from 6x6World referred you to them and they'll take good care of you.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I've got a 16 HP Briggs I/C engine...do you think it will work?

It would probably work just fine. I know the 18HP is a 694cc, so the 16 probably isn't all that smaller. It might even be the same displacement as the 18, just with a smaller carb, like the 14 and 16 480cc Briggs Vanguards. If that's the case you could just swap the carb out for an 18 to get more power out of it. Bolt it in and try it out.......those Briggs I/C flat twins are very torquey motors.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Hello
    I have a 1987 Trans Tech Grizzly that I have been running since 1989. This is a similar machine to your Bush Swamper. These machines will go anywhere but they are very rough and on a good day I can outrun mine. This machine weighs 1950 lbs so keep this in mind when trailering.
    Because of the age of these machines I would not recommend running them with 24 wheels unless you are crossing water or in deep muskeg. Mine runs better in the bush with 16 wheels and it is not nearly as hard on chains and transmission parts. Good luck with your rebuild and let me know if I can help.
    Marty

hi i have an 85 bush swamper and its 18 hp i had an older one i bought for parts it was 16 hp as long as it has the second output shaft

Seems like there are a lot of these machines coming out of the woodwork! Are you guys all from north of the border? I believe there was only one distributor in the US and that was around the Chattanooga, Tennessee area.

I'm back for now. Busy with my New job... "Grandpa daycare"! Almost 30 years with the Air Force ,welding and machining aircraft parts to Diapers ! I hope to be of some help with the other Grizzly owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalstech View Post
    I'm back for now. Busy with my New job... "Grandpa daycare"! Almost 30 years with the Air Force ,welding and machining aircraft parts to Diapers ! I hope to be of some help with the other Grizzly owners.
    I'm guessing your new job means a little more to you though.

hi , i recently bought an old bush swamper,do you know of any parts around for these ? mine is in piecesneed a fuel tank and hood for sure .havent gotten into the power train yet.
    thanks for your time
    muskie

I am rebuilding my Grizzly in between my Grandpa days! I rebuilt the steering brake master cylinder assembly. I now need to make the pushrods for the steer-brake assembly. I am looking for the dimensions of those parts or pictures. I can trial and error the lengths but time is precious. The VW master cylinder post really helped, Thank you. Any other info on the steer-brake assy. Would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Metalstech

+ Reply to Thread