Bush Swamper 16/24 wheeler.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Bush Swamper 16/24 wheeler.

scott...punch in '' bushswamper 16 wheel atv video '' . 2 vids come up , one with the machine in the snow , the other in mud on a moose hunt . pretty cool ! johnboy va.

oh wow! photos at last! thank you so much.
    Now I want one even more!!

Funny the driving experience sounds like quite the brain puzzle. It's always funny how in our minds you assume something works one way but in reality very different!
    One of these in my collection would really compliment the wide range of weird from Coot to Quadractor

i did notice in the video where they are towing the moose... even with all those tires it still was'nt quite as good as tracks . still they are cool macines !! j.b.

That "moose video" is odd... definitely not the original power train. Kinda looks like a Honda single, and it sounds like some kind of hydraulic steering/drive system. And its slow. Mine is much faster. I think with more power and wheel speed, buddy wouldn't have had so much trouble with fairly minor looking terrain.

From what info I got from my friend before he passed the machine in the video is probably the inventors test model witch at some time was converted to hydrostatic drive. He also made one machine with 5 axels on each side.

Have lots of knowledge on this machine I believe there is one for sale on Facebook in Sudbury

Yeah it’s true there are very few but Bristol attempted to make a hidro drive machine but it had no speed so they went back to the tryed and true twin cvt and separate transmissions with chain just before they stopped making bush swampers and started making grizzlies and by the way the 5 axle is mythical (it’s your opinion if you want to believe it exists but with the info about it it sounds cooler

I posted the pics earlier... but even better.. VIDEO!!
    See my Playlist on my Youtube channel: "OntarioTube"
    Cheers from London, Ont.

Thanks for taking the time to document this awesome machine. Looks like a fun project.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

great video...i have always wanted to see how the axles , chains and sprockets were set up . one question , where the right and left axles meet in the center '' tunnel '' , is there a bearing or bushing in the ends of the axles and they meet with a common pin or shaft connecting them ? thats how the can turn seperate from each other ? johnboy va,

+ Reply to Thread