Firestone Flotation 23 tire

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Firestone Flotation 23 tire

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir

Firestone Flotation 23 tire

I was looking around and came across these, and thought I would see if anyone has ever tried them on an amphib, Click on veiw dimensions and you can see they weigh 36lbs. They look like they might swim though. What do ya' think? There are several other likely candidates on their site so look around and see what else might be good.
    Firestone Agricultural Tire Division : Tire Details

These looks very similar to the 26" Goodyear Super Terra Grips that come stock on the Max IV. They probably perform just the same as the Goodyears, decent in the mud, quick in the water, and a they give a very hard ride.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I recently was looking at a 1999 Max IV that had 26 inch "Titan" tires on it.Until I read the name I thought them to be the factory original Terra Grips.Titan is a tractor tire manufacturer .He indicated it would swim but he complained it was slow in the water.Some people think tire propulsion should be the same as a jet ski.I would think they would have been great.The 8 inch rim size confounds trying to source a lot of good tread designs from a broader market as 10 and 12 inch are more the norm on tractors and other yard recreation equipment.

Liflod has titan tru power AT's on his IV. So did Troy Moore years ago. I like them.
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    They do look like they would swim, and should do fairly well in the mud. 31 lbs seems a little on the heavy side but I don't know, and the 8 ply is only 36 lbs so flats would be few, they would probably be like riding on rocks though. I'll keep the 4 plys in mind when I need to put new tires on the 980.

I looked up the tru power at's that Roger noted and they look really similar to the 1st gen rawhides. I like the looks of the tru powers better, more aggressive possibly better mudding and swimming if arranged right.

Tru Power Tires
    Tru Power AT
    Last edited by brushcutter; 04-18-2010 at 11:52 AM. Reason: pics are no good if you don't put in the links to them - YBD

Here's a better pic of the AT. I think this might be the 23x10?x12. Thought about these and 12" k locks for my response, but didn't do it.

Last edited by Roger S; 04-18-2010 at 12:53 PM.
    To Invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk. (Thomas Edison)

+ Reply to Thread