12 inch wheels and backspacing

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 12 inch wheels and backspacing

12 inch wheels and backspacing

I have run into a dillema in my decision for the right tires for my Hustler 950. I want to put 25" tires on it, but the Argo tires are $200 for the tire and rim. It would seem that buying a set of 12" 4 wheeler rims and tires is the better/cheaper option for 25's, but what backspacing do I need? My tire decision is split between the CST Ancla C9312 (I have a set of these on my 4 wheeler and love them) or the Maxxis Mud Bug Mud Bug M961 & M962. The only 12" 5 on 4.5 rims I have found are for a Kubota side by side ITP Part D12FB545 - ITP Delta - Black they have a "5+2" backspacing. Is this what I need? If it isn't, where can I find the right ones? Should I just buy 4 lug rims and redo my hubs?
    1983 Hustler 945-HK 627cc Vanguard
    1982 GMC K-10 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2 Diesel
    2010 Chevy Silverado 1500
    1974 Honda ATC 70
    1986 Honda ATC 250ES Big Red

There is no Z in Diesel!!

I went with the Anclas but my build is kinda stalled right now because funding has been redirected to plumbing issues with the house I also went with the 12" ITP wheels but decided to go with the 4x4 pattern.

If you are looking for 12" wheels, just buy some Max 12" k-locks from Recreatives Industries. Otherwise, buy some 9" mudd-ox wheels and some 25" Rawhide III's since those tires (the 25x11.5x9) are so cheap right now. At least that way, with either of those options, you will have a nice rolled beadlock that will allow you to run lower tire pressure for a better ride without having to worry about losing a bead

How expensive are the R.I. wheels? I can get the ITP Delta's like Middlefork Miner's for $45 each, I just need to know what backspacing to get so the tires don't rub my Hustler's tub.
    1983 Hustler 945-HK 627cc Vanguard
    1982 GMC K-10 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2 Diesel
    2010 Chevy Silverado 1500
    1974 Honda ATC 70
    1986 Honda ATC 250ES Big Red

There is no Z in Diesel!!

I was looking at wheels myself, RI has 12" K-lock rims, 12"x10" with 5/5 offset. Last time I checked they where $80 each. I don't know what Matt O. sells his for at the moment, I know they used to be $50 each. I remember seeing back in another post that the RH III 25x11.5x9 are actually going to be about 1.5 to 2" taller because how they sit on the rim.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If you are looking for 12" wheels, just buy some Max 12" k-locks from Recreatives Industries. Otherwise, buy some 9" mudd-ox wheels and some 25" Rawhide III's since those tires (the 25x11.5x9) are so cheap right now. At least that way, with either of those options, you will have a nice rolled beadlock that will allow you to run lower tire pressure for a better ride without having to worry about losing a bead
    I had thought about going with the 9" rims & went so far as to try contacting Matt by phone & email. No response. Another thing to think about though is the fact that those cheap Rawhide III's are only gonna be cheap as long as the supply lasts & when they're gone what will the options be? I had also thought about the R.I. wheels but since I'm gonna have to do axles & hubs I figured (maybe wrongly) that the 5x2 offset would be the better option & might possibly be easier on the axle by allowing a shorter axle. FWIW, the ITP DOES have an inside bead...How well it works, I don't know.

+ Reply to Thread