Track Tuners ?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Track Tuners ?

im sure its just a matter of getting my tire preasure correct to stop the slippage.just have not had time to mess with it as of late.will get it straightened out through the holidays.if your in the giving mood this holiday season NCT,a new set of channel tracks would look good under my tree.

Quote Originally Posted by North Country Tough View Post
    Would ya like a second set of them rubber shoes Plott,luv ta send mine down the road and try them Channels,never used tuners afraid too, mostly we travel to the camp when there is slush or what others call overflow and don't wanna be stuck with slippage but on the other hand chain breakage could make it a bad day too,that said hasn't happened yet but I do change out chains from time to time,

Quote Originally Posted by plott hound View Post
    im sure its just a matter of getting my tire preasure correct to stop the slippage.just have not had time to mess with it as of late.will get it straightened out through the holidays.if your in the giving mood this holiday season NCT,a new set of channel tracks would look good under my tree.
    Gotcha covered Plottya just gotta return the given and we are all GTG,let me know how you make out with them tuners,you and I are in the same conditions most times and I have yet to try them,you know how much I use my tracks to gain access to the camp as much as possible really want to know how they work in the slush.

got a chance to check my tires today and they were all a bitt low.aired them all up to 5lbs then the nephew and I went for a good ride through the bush then around the block on the roads.seems the slippage is gone so as soon as that river freezes up NCT,give me a shout and we will try these suckers out.

got a chance to check my tires today and they were all a bitt low.aired them all up to 5lbs then the nephew and I went for a good ride through the bush then around the block on the roads.seems the slippage is gone so as soon as that river freezes up NCT,give me a shout and we will try these suckers out.
    Good to hear Plott. Just an FYI, but along with indexing/sizing your tires Argo recommends running the following psi with tracks: rear 6, centers 7, and front 5 psi. This might help with slippage too.
    Last edited by thorn; 12-26-2014 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thorn View Post
    Good to hear Plott. Just an FYI, but along with indexing/sizing your tires Argo recommends running the following psi with tracks: rear 7, centers 6, and front 5 psi. This might help with slippage too.
    you know what thorn,i never indexed the tires,thought it was a non issue when using the tuners.

You are right about that with the tuners, however I think there is a secondary benefit to putting your four largest tires in the center of helping with steering/pivoting by raising up the end tires even more.

im going to take the time and index them trough the holidays.cheers

im going to take the time and index them trough the holidays.cheers
    Plottamus jus got back from the first tour to the cabin,guess gettin old and cautious waited for 4 to 5 inches of ice,had a great day with the wife and fam at the cabin apparently freezing rain and some mild temps but planning X Mass at the cabin on the lake this year,no tuners stretching them chains to the max.Cheers NCT

Quote Originally Posted by North Country Tough View Post
    Plottamus jus got back from the first tour to the cabin,guess gettin old and cautious waited for 4 to 5 inches of ice,had a great day with the wife and fam at the cabin apparently freezing rain and some mild temps but planning X Mass at the cabin on the lake this year,no tuners stretching them chains to the max.Cheers NCT
    good stuff mang,sounds like you had a fun day.no time to catch a couple pickerel?

good stuff mang,sounds like you had a fun day.no time to catch a couple pickerel?
    Well today 40 degrees and rainthe lake will hold no issue but Iam putting away the tipup,s and taking the Superchief and my trolling equip.Seasons Cheers NCT

+ Reply to Thread