Track Tuners ?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Track Tuners ?

Track Tuners ?

Anybody using this technology,tell me what the deal is and how well they work,is this a must have for rubber tracks,and what are they priced like,need some input before I bust off a call to Adair.

I'm waiting for a set right now. They sound good, in theory, hope they work as well as i think they will.

I talked to Tim about these and he seems to have done his research and has put plenty of time and dollars into this little upgrade. They are made to reduce chain binding when running tracks. Tim told me a few real world tests he did with the Tuners so I believe they'll help. I know one thing for sure, something has to be done to reduce the chain issues people are seeing when running tracks.
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRules View Post
    I talked to Tim about these and he seems to have done his research and has put plenty of time and dollars into this little upgrade. They are made to reduce chain binding when running tracks. Tim told me a few real world tests he did with the Tuners so I believe they'll help. I know one thing for sure, something has to be done to reduce the chain issues people are seeing when running tracks.
    Thanks MaxRules good info,and this is probably a stupid question but who is Tim,is this somebody that has got them on his machine?

Tim owns Adair Argo and makes the track tuners. They have been a few years in the making so he can tell you a lot about them.
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRules View Post
    Tim owns Adair Argo and makes the track tuners. They have been a few years in the making so he can tell you a lot about them.
    Have you had a chance to try the Track Tuners? I have a set coming, but no experience with them yet.

RD

Anyone have a picture of these tracks turners on the adiar tacks

Quote Originally Posted by tattooman View Post
    Anyone have a picture of these tracks turners on the adiar tacks
    tattooman, "track tuners" are not normally used on adair tracks or any other type of of plastic track as these types of tracks do not create the chain windup issues.. They are intended for over the tire style rubber tracks and other track designs that actually run the track belting on a different circumfrence than the outside tip of the tires which causes the center tires to spin faster than the tracks.. Rock Doctor is attempting a unique application where he is wanting to run larger than normal 24" tires on the four middle axles, and then normal size 22" tires on the front and back axles.. If this works for him then there will be an increase in ground clearance as well as an improved approach and departure angle by lifting the front and rear of the track similar to the current frame design on newer 8x8 machines. "Track tuners" will allow the center tires to free wheel and eliminate the binding that would normally prevent this type of modification..

Hope this make some sense

Sounds incredible

any updates on these? Pricing? I have been avoiding running my rubber tracks this winter because of windup. If these work I want a set!

+ Reply to Thread