Hustler wheel direction

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hustler wheel direction

Hustler wheel direction

Just which way should the chevrons on the tires be facing? Forward - (<) or reverse (>) . Is there a difference in performance? Im putting the tracks on mine and the chevrons are facing forward <. Just happened to see them on different AATV's facing either way.

For water usage you need the v so it scoops. But they work better in mud with the v so the point hits first.

So when viewing the tire on top and with the front of machine on the left.

Water = Front of machine >>> Back of machine
    Mud = Front of machine <<< Back of machine

With tracks I dont think it matters.
    Hope that helps.

thanks for the reply. What you said makes sense. The tracks that came with it. The guy before me didnt maintain them. They were hell to get on. But they broke in about an hour. The metal rods that link them together were all rusted. i have extra links. But now I have to hunt down and reinstall the the rods in the tracks. Today was the first time I could try it out and I took it into shallow water. Glad I did. It leaked at one of the axles. Also snapped a chain. Looks like I'll be frequenting this forum a lot.

+ Reply to Thread