Dually wheels weigh how much?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dually wheels weigh how much?

Hybrid View

Dually wheels weigh how much?

For those of you who roll on 12 or 16 wheels . . . .
    How much does each outside wheel (tire, rim, and axel/hub extension) weigh?

Thanx, Dave.

Good question....depends on what wheel and tire you are using and the particular hub extention you have....most tire and wheel combos will probably weight in at about 25-35 lbs a piece....dual adapter hub extentions are probably going to weight about 10-12 lbs a piece....

depending on if you need 6 or 8, this might help you get a pretty close guess as to the final weight of the complete kit...

Hope this helps a little!
    Last edited by Obsessed; 12-10-2011 at 11:14 PM.

Thanx for the info. I guess that I should have been more specific about what size tires.
    I'm primarily interested in the Argo HDI and the Mudd Ox, which both use the larger sized tires (25").
    Would I be correct to assume that these 25" wheels weigh in at the upper end of the ranges you provided?
    If yes, then 35 + 12 = 47 lbs each, and a set of 8 wheels would add a total of 376 pounds to the vehicle.

How do dually wheels affect cargo carrying capacity on land/water/snow?
    How do they affect speed on land/water/snow? Affects on turning radius?
    Finally, how much wider are duallys, for fitting into storage sheds, onto trailers, between trees, etc?

Thanx again for all the info, Dave.
    Last edited by BluNosDav; 12-11-2011 at 03:48 PM.

Suppose it all depends on what tires & wheels, but we just received (6) 25x9x11.5 Rawhides on Friday & they weigh 30 lbs ea. (No wheels).

Bridget

Amphicat amphibious ATV with dual wheels 12x12 - YouTube

Here's a short video of a dual wheel Amphicat on balloon tires to give you an idea. It's pretty wide!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by BluNosDav View Post
    Thanx for the info. I guess that I should have been more specific about what size tires.
    I'm primarily interested in the Argo HDI and the Mudd Ox, which both use the larger sized tires (25").
    Would I be correct to assume that these 25" wheels weigh in at the upper end of the ranges you provided?
    If yes, then 35 + 12 = 47 lbs each, and a set of 8 wheels would add a total of 376 pounds to the vehicle.

How do dually wheels affect cargo carrying capacity on land/water/snow?
    How do they affect speed on land/water/snow? Affects on turning radius?
    Finally, how much wider are duallys, for fitting into storage sheds, onto trailers, between trees, etc?

Thanx again for all the info, Dave.
    Dave cargo capacity on water is unreal,I have stood a refrigerator upright,lashed properly down and transported it across lake to my cottage,two one hundred pound propane cylinders 5 or 6 packages of shingles two people and gear plus a 9.9 merc no issue,with a one inch plywood filler over the rear seats to make a flat deck and put as many 5 gal gas cans as I could fit under it and a 3 blade selfpropelled walk behind mower ontop,no issue,more capacity than space period,land capacity same no problem,snow not bad better than singles but anything past 8 inchs doable but for snow nothing compares to tracks.Speed difference on land minimal on water little better but I use a outboard,turning radius same,trailers thats another story you need a wide deck thats for sure,I just removed mine for the winter so I can not give you a accurate measure,and I use the frontier 24,s not the wide avenger tires,between trees the area I travel forest access roads old logging trails not a issue,the two main reasons I use dual wheels #1 water use the machine is stable beyond belief #2 a lot of the trails that I use have been destroyed by tall tired 4 by,s, ruts so deep that they have had to take to the bush,the ability to span these ruts and not belly up is huge to me,other than that they are a pain but well worth the trouble in my particular circumstance.N.C.T

+ Reply to Thread