EFX Moto Max Tires...

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: EFX Moto Max Tires...

EFX Moto Max Tires...

Has anyone seen or tried these tires??? They look like they do good in the mud and swim well too... I found a set of 26x12x12 and thinking on giving the a try...

EFX Performance – MotoMax All-Terrain ATV/UTV Tires - New lightweight 6-Ply ATV & UTV All-Terrain Tire

They look like they have a slightly more aggressive tread pattern (but a very similar style) to the ITP Mudlite tires. The ITP tires don't swim at all, but are great in the mud. If you can get a good price on the MotoMax tires, give it a shot, they look they'll be great in the mud.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Thats kind of what i was thinking... I would really like to hold out and get the Vampire ASX tires but I don't know how long it's going to take before they become available... I just need some tires and I am getting tired of waiting...

The Interco rep said they'll be coming out next month. For a big investment in your machine, I'd wait another month for a tire that is tested and true. Plus, I'm thinking the more people we have on board for an order, the cheaper they'll be for us. The Vampire ASX is the best all around AATV tire out there in my opinion. I think you'll be disappointed and out a lot of money if you get a tire that comes up short in certain aspects, whether it's ride quality, mudding ability or swim speed.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

The small ITP Mudlite tires don't swim, and this is a known fact, but the 30" inch , Mudlite tires with the larger lugs sure do. The forum member BW6 installed six ,26" inch Mudlite tires on his first custom built , aluminum 6x6 ,and found out that they did'nt swim. Because he was so sure that the Mudlite tires would hardly swim in the water , he built his second aluminum 6 wheeler with 30" inch , Mudlite tires and dual Piranha props in the rear. The second time that BW6 took his aluminum 6x6 with the 30" inch Mudlites into the lake he disconnected the chains going to the piranha props just to see if the larger lugs on the 30" inch Mudlites would move any better in the water. To his great surprise BW6 found out that the 30" inch Mudlites swam about 2 mph in the lake. BW6 told me that if he'd known this before hand he would'nt have installed the dual props in the rear of his second ,aluminum 6x6.

The supergrip superlight tires, same tread as mudlights, are what I have on the MaxII bigfoot. They swim at low rpms only, and actually will get the machine moving pretty good in the water....untill you crack the throttle. Then it's like putting on the brakes. The big advantage to these tires is how well they ride...very soft and soak up the bumps well.

These are the same tires as Mudd-Ox is using

Its very impressive that a Mudd Ox can climb those rocks, that fact that those rocks were covered in snow makes the feat even more impressive. I would never subject my machine to that kind of abuse but this has me thinking that the Ox would be a very good machine for conquering the Rubicon trail.

Quote Originally Posted by thebuggyman1 View Post
    The supergrip superlight tires, same tread as mudlights, are what I have on the MaxII bigfoot. They swim at low rpms only, and actually will get the machine moving pretty good in the water....untill you crack the throttle. Then it's like putting on the brakes. The big advantage to these tires is how well they ride...very soft and soak up the bumps well.

These are the same tires as Mudd-Ox is using
    Jim,
    Are your Super Grips the DL (deep lug) or AT version? How deep is your tread?

The info is kindof sketchy on SuperGrip tires. The AT version has 3/4" lugs, and the DL version has 1 1/8" lugs. I think the DL is only available on the larger sizes, and not on the 25" tires.

+ Reply to Thread