Vendetta high performance AATV tires by Mudd-Ox

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Vendetta high performance AATV tires by Mudd-Ox

Quote Originally Posted by mudbug3 View Post
    Keith

How well would Matt's new Vendetta tires perform in the mud in these two video's?

Dave, more like the second video. Matt's soil does not have as much clay as the mudd in the first. It has that rotting vegetation smell when you start turning it up. I don't know if it would have climbed out for sure but I know I would have been able to move around in it. I swear these Vendetta tires make my machine feel at least if not a little better than the waffle tracks but they swim like fish. Very stable in the water. Wait till you see them on wet water soaked logs in the rain. There will be no doubt how tuff the max is after you see me work it on the wet logs. I think I even impressed the Mudd-Ox boys although they might not admit it. Did I mention the Mudd-Ox proving grounds was a blast?

Keith.

Keith

Because of the wider width of the Vendetta tire, , plus the 4" inch spacers that you're now running , I would assume that this is why your Max IV feels so stable now with out the added weight of the Adair tracks. Your Max IV now floats higher out of the water now too. I also don't think that you have the HP to spin the Vendetta tires fast enough in the water to gain any more water speed. This is what the forum member Ray Kolis found out when comparing the water speed of the 24" inch Carlisle tire to the 25" inch Carlise tire on a 27 hp Argo Avenger. The 24" inch tire was faster in the water. Ray told me that the 25" inch Carlise tires need at least a 31 hp motor to turn the larger tire fast enough to post more speed.

I'm proud that Matt got these tires to the market, they will be very useful on many larger machines. Kudos to Matt and MuddOX as well as Hoosier tire.

Keeping a tire from rolling off the wheel is ALL in the wheel,not the tire.It depends on how much of a bead is rolled into the wheel.Rolling to much bead into a wheel will cause excessive air pressure to seat a bead(Unsafe condition).It is a fine balance of what is to much or not enough on rolling beads into a wheel.Bassett Racing Wheel had an extreme bead wheel that is not offered anymore,it took so much air pressure to seat it that injurys and fatalities were occuring.

Quote Originally Posted by mudbug3 View Post
    Keith

Because of the wider width of the Vendetta tire, , plus the 4" inch spacers that you're now running , I would assume that this is why your Max IV feels so stable now with out the added weight of the Adair tracks. Your Max IV now floats higher out of the water now too. I also don't think that you have the HP to spin the Vendetta tires fast enough in the water to gain any more water speed. This is what the forum member Ray Kolis found out when comparing the water speed of the 24" inch Carlisle tire to the 25" inch Carlise tire on a 27 hp Argo Avenger. The 24" inch tire was faster in the water. Ray told me that the 25" inch Carlines tires need at least a 31 hp motor to turn the larger tire fast enough to post more speed.
    I guess i do not really have an answer for that Dave. The pitch of the motor sounded similar and it did not seem to labor under full throttle but could be. The Vendettas do apear to be good swimmers though and as time goes on they will find their way on more machines and we will have a better answer.

Quote Originally Posted by eddieb1965 View Post
    Keeping a tire from rolling off the wheel is ALL in the wheel,not the tire.It depends on how much of a bead is rolled into the wheel.Rolling to much bead into a wheel will cause excessive air pressure to seat a bead(Unsafe condition).It is a fine balance of what is to much or not enough on rolling beads into a wheel.Bassett Racing Wheel had an extreme bead wheel that is not offered anymore,it took so much air pressure to seat it that injurys and fatalities were occuring.
    I do not really believe this is true. While the depth of the bead roll is important I do know that the tires bead construction and sidewall are just as important. Take the AquaTorque tire for example. I run mine with no air and they do not come off the bead on an Argo wheel while if I run my Rawhide III tires with no air on the same wheel they will debead themselves about my first hard turn. Also for the AquaTorque tires the guys at Tim's shop hate to mount them and set the bead (unsafe condition) while the Argo and Rawide tires on the same wheel get no complaints.

Keith.
    Last edited by kghills; 06-16-2013 at 07:43 PM.

Keith

When I had my Aqua Torgue tires mounted on my Argo rims the guys mounting my tires had to ' really pump up the air pressure ' to get the Aqua torque tires to seat on the bead.

Just wish they would fit my attex... Bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by kghills View Post
    Dave, more like the second video. Matt's soil does not have as much clay as the mudd in the first. It has that rotting vegetation smell when you start turning it up. I don't know if it would have climbed out for sure but I know I would have been able to move around in it. I swear these Vendetta tires make my machine feel at least if not a little better than the waffle tracks but they swim like fish. Very stable in the water. Wait till you see them on wet water soaked logs in the rain. There will be no doubt how tuff the max is after you see me work it on the wet logs. I think I even impressed the Mudd-Ox boys although they might not admit it. Did I mention the Mudd-Ox proving grounds was a blast?

Keith.
    Yes we were all impressed with your Max and Driving Skills!!! What a Great way to spend a Saturday. I received some great old machines and we did some very fun riding. Please note: if I do not run good at Ashtabula I am blaming Keith for taking my Saturday away from working on my racers!!! Never mind all of the other Saturdays for months I could have been getting ready!!!

Matt
    http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb478/KaptainKrunch97/Signature_zps2b4e9265.jpg

Have the new tires been tested on a Hustler 980 yet? I am done waiting on ASX tires.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan67 View Post
    Have the new tires been tested on a Hustler 980 yet? I am done waiting on ASX tires.
    Dan, I did some measuring today and I am pretty sure the Vendettas will fit the 980 just fine. I plan on running a pair on My 980 now and will post pictures when I get a chance to mount them up.

Keith.

+ Reply to Thread