Tires

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tires

Tires

Has anyone used Carlisle 21 x 11 - 8 AT101 tires on a Scrambler Action Act 1100?

Those tires are pretty much the standard for older amphibs that are limited in tire size. They are even used on new some machines.

How bad off is your new scrambler project? Are you aware that Scramblers rarely had reverse, and when they did it was a weak electric motor?

Here is some info on where another member modified his scrambler to accept a MaxII frame and t-20 transmission. It also gave him larger (1 1/4") axles and stronger (#50) chains
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/trans...-believer.html

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/other...bler-body.html

Where are you located?

theburryman1 Jim Taylor
    Jim, it came with four 22" Carlisle tires in fair shape that are no longer made, all on 8" 5 bolt rims, and two Scrambler brand 22" tires in BAD shape on 3 bolt rims. I ordered two 3 bolt to 5 bolt adaptors from outfit that the webmaster suggested.
    The only affordable tires I have found are the 21" Carlisle AT101 "Chevron" pattern (Carlisle 599044 from Carlisletransportationproducts.com) but I will then be mixing four 22" tires with two 21" tires. Maybe I could run the 22" at a lower tire pressure?
    The Scrambler 1000 has an Briggs and Stratton engine that at least has compression but I have not yet drained the old gas out and started it. The Scrambler does not have a starter so I may look for a Delco starter-generator and add a small battery.
    Any suggestions?
    I am an hour north of Grand Rapids, MI.
    Ralph

Welcome to the site Ralph. We see it all the time where newbies get a hold of a cheap machine, and dump a bunch of money into it just to have a machine that still is not very capable. They get frustrated and leave the sport. The Scramblers had fiberglass bodies that last forever, but the slip clutch drive systems were less than ideal. Often the machines had problems and were parked .....sometimes outside for years rusting everything beyond use. People post on here regularly looking for complete assemblies that can not be found.
    The tires are the last thing to worry about....get it mobile first. Carlisle AT-101's can be bought for about $62 each last I checked, and yes, the tires all need to be the same size.
    If you can do that by air pressure then great.
    The old school starter/generators were fairly trouble prone themselves and I never had good luck with them. I'd talk to an old time lawnmower repair shop if you have one local to you.

I'm just south of Lansing, just under 2 hours from Big Rapids.

Anyone know where to get 6 of those at-101s and some 3 bolt rims?Just got a 397 attex.Two old school tire/hub assembly's.

"Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

How low can you air down and still hold a bead with this set-up ? This might be the way I need to go.
    Sorry to but in on thread rgould

Not sure, I never ran these wheels.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

+ Reply to Thread