tracks on a conquest

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: tracks on a conquest

tracks on a conquest

I was wondering if anyone knew if adair tracks will fit on my 99 conquest? I don't have the original tires. mine are the goodyear rawhide 111's. they are 22x11x8 size. any help would be greatly appreciated. are they to wide? wheel spacers are a lot cheaper than 8 new tires.

Rock Doc would be the one to answer your question

im sure how to get a hold of him. im not that computer savvy. hell I don't even have a cell phone. He sems to know everything about conquests. I hope he replies to this thread.
    Last edited by jbird; 07-12-2014 at 08:37 PM.

You guys are making me blush..........
    I wouldnt say I know everything about Conquests, I just try to keep mine running, lol.

I have not tried putting my Adair Tracks in 11" wide tires, but it looks to me like they would fit.
    You can go 14 or 16 wide for Adair Tracks (if you put the 2" width extension to the outside of the machine), no spacers required.

RD

thanks for the input Doc. So if there is a problem its probably that the grousers are too wide for the tire and not so much a clearance problem between the track and the body. When I got this conquest it had these rawhides on it. The dealer I got it from said he would trade me for stock tires even up. Im almost sorry I didn't make that trade because he is about 6 hours away from me one way. I will probably get the tracks and try them, if they don't fit I'll figure something out. I'm good that way. on a different subject I also built a half hardtop for the conquest and it looks pretty awesome. If I ever figure out how to post pictures I'll get them on, but I might have better luck building an argo from scratch. HA HA

I'd like to see pics of the Half Top. I've considered the idea, but never came up with a suitable design. Getting Tops/ROPS systems caught against trees is always a problem in the tighter trails around here.

RD

I have he Pro Series Tracks and with stick tire I had to use spacers on my 97 Conquest.
    RD: I had that problem. Trying to go up a frozen muddy hill with the tracks on. They just spun, I slid right into a tree. I thought for sure my top was a total loss by the way it looked. Had to get pulled out. But when I got out, all I needed to do was readjust the bars and I was golden. Of course I live in Ohio so there really no comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by jbird View Post
    I was wondering if anyone knew if Adair tracks will fit on my 99 conquest? I don't have the original tires. mine are the goodyear rawhide 111's. they are 22x11x8 size. any help would be greatly appreciated. are they to wide? wheel spacers are a lot cheaper than 8 new tires.
    Call the Tim or Mike at Adair Argo. They do make a grouser that will fit the 22x11x8 rawhide3 tires. Have to call and get it special ordered.

I am in the plans of getting Pro-series tracks for my 2000 conquest and I still have the original 22x11x8 rawhide3 tires, but they are in bad shape. I went up in size and was running a batch of the smaller 24x10x8 AT-189 Argo tires. Because the rawhide3 are no longer in production I am going to change to the 22x10x8 AT-189 Argo tire with tracks.

thanks dan67. im curious, every time I hear the word special order it seems to add about 500 bucks to the price, but that's still cheaper than 8 new tires. my rawhides are still in pretty good shape i'll probably go that route. all you guys are awesome with all this info. this saves me so much time and money. Its true that its not what you know but who you know. thanks again.

I got a set of reconditioned adair tracks on my 94 conquest and I love them, made a world of difference in its performance,

+ Reply to Thread