Max II and 25x13-9 Vampires and Wheels

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max II and 25x13-9 Vampires and Wheels

Max II and 25x13-9 Vampires and Wheels

I've searched the forums and read all the posts for advice on the best 25" tires for a Max II since the 25" Rawhide III's are no longer available. Has anyone tried the 25" Vampires on the Max II? I know that the tub will have to be heated and modified, but what about clearance axle to axle? Any other feedback on the best larger tire for the Max II would be great. It appears that the MudOx 9" beadlock wheels are the most recommended on the site. Any advice here would also be appreciated. Thanks, Bill

I've tried them on my 2 Max2s and those tires are just too large for a Max2. Perfect for a Max4 however. I have clearance on the upper and inner body due to reshaping with a heat gun, but the tires touch to the point that I couldn't even install all six tires.

The regular Vampire tires will work in 22" size. Due to the disparity in the governments Not for Hiway rating, the 22s are nearly as big as the 25"s.

Hi Noel, thanks for the information. I'm looking for maximum ground clearance, with great mud performance and hopefully they still swim. Do you have a height measurement on the 22 Vampires? Thanks.

Sorry, I don't have a set at the moment but do have a link on my other computer with the height info. I'm at the deer lease today but will try to get your answer tomorrow.

They do swim decently, and mud very well.

Here's the size I had a few years back on a machine, 22x12.50-8, these swam decently and mudded great. The height was slightly less than 22" however at 3 psi. I recorded that at 5 psi they were slightly more than 22" and swam a little better as well.

The only down side was that these tires dug down quickly and would get you stuck fairly quickly. Interco also makes them for a 9" wheel in addition to the 8" I had. I think for the money they were very good tires.

Thanks very much for the info. Any other tire recommendations for a taller tire near 24" that will fit the Max II?

+ Reply to Thread