2 Ply Tires

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2 Ply Tires

2 Ply Tires

b
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-23-2017 at 11:35 AM.

You will want to run your tires at a low psi all the time, since its your source of suspension. As far as what ply tire I would say it depends on the terrain your going to be riding in. I wouldn't buy anything less than 4 ply, the 2 ply tires are going to give you a better ride tho.
    Courage Invites Critics

Im with lantz on this one. 2 Ply are ok for sand, corn fields and nice soft trails. But if you are running over sticks, logs anything may be sharp you will be having flats. They are just too light of a tire. Go to at least a 4 Ply

Thank you so much

B
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-23-2017 at 11:35 AM.

Not going 2 ply will help keep you out of trouble. But its not guarantied. Thats why we have argos, To push the limits.

I have a set of 6 tires and rims for sale with a few hrs on them, they are like brand new. They work great in mud but don't swim we'll at all, if your going to Busco I can bring them so you can try them and see if you like. Norm
    Attached Images

Thank you

b
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-23-2017 at 11:36 AM.

On the 4 wheeled toys 2 ply is like golf cart tires something where a fairway is "rough terrain". About the only thing I can see 2 ply being good for is if you have tracks where they are never going to touch the ground.

hi
    2ply or 4ply
    The Carlisle strykers I am 99% sure are radials which have are typically different to ""normal type of tires 6x6 use""
    Strykers are rated at 3 star by Carlisle ""max air pressure 7 lbs "" not ply
    From memory Carlisle said to me the radial tire is as comfortable as a lesser ply , bias ply standard atv tire .There are far more pros and cons to radial vs bias ply apparently . Competition 4x4 guys understand this well .

Basically the 2/4 ply is to carry weight
    It was theoretical on paper that the 2 ply were used
    Normally the weight rating of a 2 ply is ok but in practice 2 ply puncture resistance is terrible that's why every one uses 4 ply

Caution as ply increases the normal operating pressure rating is higher . lb for lb a 6 ply needs to run at a higher pressure than 4 ply for the same weight . Therefore the 6 ply runs harder and rougher

By comparison if u fit 6 or 8 ply tires to a large commercial diesel z turn when 4 ply is spec ,the ride is rough ,vibration is an issue ,stress on chassis is way more. One maker I know of reinforced the chassis . If u read between the lines [besides rough operators ] Some sizes of tires are hard to get in 4ply so a lot stiffer is fitted therefore causing problems .

tomo
    Last edited by Tomo; 10-11-2014 at 08:00 AM.

b
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-23-2017 at 11:37 AM.

+ Reply to Thread