If you was going to run tracks?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: If you was going to run tracks?

If you was going to run tracks?

I guess if you was going to run tracks , your sixwheeler would have to be deadicaed to the type of ground you was going to be on.I think that pulling you tracks off and them pulling tires off would be alot of work if was going to play on gravel roads.I would think hard surfaces would tear up adair tracks . What do you think. thanks cled

cled, it seems most guys run tracks if your in a area that gets lot's of snow during the winter season. or if your riding in lot's of deep mud and swamp etc fairly regularly. to be taking them on and off can take awhile. i put my half tracks on to go mudding at the trail rides or if it looks like we are going to get a good snow. for everyday use running around my place and the roads, the tires are fine and i can go faster. johnboy va. i don't think the adairs are too hard to take on and off. someone else will let you know about them.

I have the Pro Series Adair tracks. Very easy to take off. And not that time consuming to put on. But they only time I take mine off is to grease the outer bearings. I run them on my gravel drive, the paved road and everywhere I want to run. They only thing you have to be carful of is paved roads. It gets a little slippery on them.

I don't take my Adair tracks off my maxll except when i am working on the old girl.Twizted1 is correct about pavement. Adair tracks are very tuff! Also a blast to know that not much is going to stop you!

I also run the Adair pro series tracks on my HDI-they are extremely tough. I run my machine almost exclusively in dirt, mud, trail and swamps. Adair tracks will slide on pavement, you do have to be careful, but turning ease is one of the reasons I like them. They make the machine turn easier in almost every condition and are easy on the chains and bearings because the tires can slip inside the tracks. As far as mud and swamp go I have seen nothing better. I had my tracks off briefly just to see how the machine would respond. I got stuck twice in what I would consider very easy mud holes. The tracks went right back on and won't come off again except for maintenance.

Adair tracks with thier rasied profile is the way to go, Now said that , how well would a 25 hp max IV climb sand dunes with adair's tracks . I know the tracks would dig in, but in low would the machine just peter out and not move as the dune got steeper? Or would the tracks just spin and dig down . Im talkn reasonable dunes that a quad would go up casuaully . Not monster hill climbs , Thanks cled

Whipper is the one to answer that question, he and his buddies run the dunes all the time but I believe that he and everyone he runs with has suspension and high horse power engines in their machines. I think a Max with Adair tracks would do fine in the dunes but I am not sure if it would have the power to do anything without up grades. -I really think you should PM whipper.

+ Reply to Thread