Adding cleats to tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Adding cleats to tracks

Adding cleats to tracks

I picked up 30 NOS snowmobile cleats that I'd like to use on my old Max IV rubber tracks that are pretty worn. They are about 14 inches longs and would go end to end on the tracks. Would running them this way be my best option or would I be better off cutting the cleats in half? I could either run them down the middle or stagger them. Some possible options below.

I would stagger then as much as possible. Watched a video a long time ago on a tracked iceberg crawler and the picks on each crosser were unique, this prevented the picks from scoring a channel in the ice. Each pick always had fresh ice to grip. The more the cleats are staggered the more they can do their job. That is my 2 pennys.

+ Reply to Thread