Best swim tire??

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Best swim tire??

Best swim tire??

I'm in need of a tire for swimming. I was under the impression that Aqua torques were good swim tires, but I have now heard different. What is the best tire for swimming?

Quote Originally Posted by martin_andy25 View Post
    I'm in need of a tire for swimming. I was under the impression that Aqua torques were good swim tires, but I have now heard different. What is the best tire for swimming?
    It absolutly depends on which machine you have. The 26x12x12 terra tires swim great on a max IV. The 21x11x8 rawhide swims great on a max II or Attex. The Argo tires and the vendetta's both swim good as well.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

B
    Last edited by Deedeelin1; 06-23-2017 at 06:04 PM.

Are there any kind of tracks that swim well?

martin, what's your machine ? i have a max 2 and just put adair tracks on it. have'nt had a test swim in water yet. the 22'' original rawhide tires swam pretty well . johnboy va.

1996 max IV

I'm not really sure that any tracks swim well,at least none I recall hearing about. As far as tires,like Drew said," The 26x12x12 terra tires swim great on a max IV." I have a 6x6 Conquest and with Goodyear Rawhide lll's it swims really well however,member liflod can practically do circles around me in his Max IV w/the 26x12x12's.

I've also run the 26x12x12 Goodyears on my Conquest 6x6 at Busco one year, it went really good in the water, better than the Rawhide IIIs.

Martin, I've got a max iv with good years that I use for fishing and it swims great however the ride is ruff. On my other iv I've got 16" vendettas although not quite as fast in the water an all around better tire. Smoother ride, better in mud, and more stable in the water due to the width. Guess it depends what your using it for. Hope this helps.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

When u say good years what kind of good years do u mean? Good year what?

+ Reply to Thread